Weirdest Story I've Ever Heard

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score

The article is a bit long, but it's worth the time to read it. Up until now, the weirdest story I've ever heard was that of the "Hopkinsville Goblins," but "All Colors Sam" takes the cake. What is he? Alien? Ghost? Robot? Cryptoid? Ultraterrestrial? Figment of a little girl's imagination?

The "Astonishing Legends" podcast guys did a really entertaining show on the "Ghost Clown," I highly recommend it. I'm going to do some research into it as well, including asking the local police (on the Isle of Wight) if there were any disappearances, especially of children, around the time Sam was reported.

Last edited:
I do believe we are going to be listening to that podcast this Friday! Now, I really, really do NOT like clowns, but this one seems to have some interesting facts attached to him.

I can't even watch "IT" by Stephen King without breaking out into a full fledged anxiety attack. This story sounds like it has some similar legend to go with it.

Reactions: Duke
I do believe we are going to be listening to that podcast this Friday! Now, I really, really do NOT like clowns, but this one seems to have some interesting facts attached to him.

I can't even watch "IT" by Stephen King without breaking out into a full fledged anxiety attack. This story sounds like it has some similar legend to go with it.
Lots of people are creeped out by clowns; it is amazing. I think I am more creeped out by grown men wearing an animal costume, like an Easter bunny or something.

Lots of people are creeped out by clowns; it is amazing. I think I am more creeped out by grown men wearing an animal costume, like an Easter bunny or something.

Not sure it's accurate to call Sam a clown. I don't think the girl who told the story used the term "clown," I believe it was applied after the fact when artists tried to draw what the girl described. To me, what she saw sounds more like a marionette, or maybe a scarecrow.

Here is one artist's impressive of Sam.

sam_ghost_clown_cryptopia_rob_morphy-1.jpg

Reactions: Paintman
Not sure it's accurate to call Sam a clown. I don't think the girl who told the story used the term "clown," I believe it was applied after the fact when artists tried to draw what the girl described. To me, what she saw sounds more like a marionette, or maybe a scarecrow.

Here is one artist's impressive of Sam.

View attachment 25894
That will still do it for me! :eek:

Reactions: Duke

The article is a bit long, but it's worth the time to read it. Up until now, the weirdest story I've ever heard was that of the "Hopkinsville Goblins," but "All Colors Sam" takes the cake. What is he? Alien? Ghost? Robot? Cryptoid? Ultraterrestrial? Figment of a little girl's imagination?

The "Astonishing Legends" podcast guys did a really entertaining show on the "Ghost Clown," I highly recommend it. I'm going to do some research into it as well, including asking the local police (on the Isle of Wight) if there were any disappearances, especially of children, around the time Sam was reported.

This happened in the Isle of Wight?...say no more :0)

I like clowns but IT was creepy as hell!!! My wife bailed and that made me VERY happy because then I could bail and not look like a wimp! Never have seen the end. Didn't like the Nightmare on Elm street either. I think that I spend way too much time alone in graveyards and in the woods at night to put stuff like that in my head.

Reactions: Debi
I've been creeped out by clowns from a young age .My mum took me to a circus and the clowns gave me nightmares for ages,I could somehow see through the makeup to their true character.