Weirdest Movie You've Even Seen

I felt like they were ruining all the stories I knew and loved as a child. Since I am still a child, same thing!:innocent:

Reactions: Lynne
I generally like cheesy movies and still watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. When I say that a movie is bad it is almost unwatchable. I think Battlefield Earth was so bad because there was no way to condense a 1500 page book into a 90-minute movie and it make any sense. I actually like the book but the movie was unwatchable. The only reason Travolta was in it was that it was written by L. Ron Hubbard the creator of Scientology and he wanted it.

I always thought that the entire Scientology thing was funny. I have read that he got the idea from Robert Heinlein when after the publishing of Stranger in a Strange Land it started a sort of semi-religious movement based on the philosophies in the book. They wanted to make Heinlein their high priest but he told them that they were nuts. He told L. Ron Hubbard about it and Hubbard thought that he had missed out on a great opportunity. I guess he was right.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I generally like cheesy movies and still watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. When I say that a movie is bad it is almost unwatchable. I think Battlefield Earth was so bad because there was no way to condense a 1500 page book into a 90-minute movie and it make any sense. I actually like the book but the movie was unwatchable. The only reason Travolta was in it was that it was written by L. Ron Hubbard the creator of Scientology and he wanted it.

I always thought that the entire Scientology thing was funny. I have read that he got the idea from Robert Heinlein when after the publishing of Stranger in a Strange Land it started a sort of semi-religious movement based on the philosophies in the book. They wanted to make Heinlein their high priest but he told them that they were nuts. He told L. Ron Hubbard about it and Hubbard thought that he had missed out on a great opportunity. I guess he was right.
I still can’t believe a science fiction writer started such a huge association. I refuse to call it a religion and I will be nice and not use the “c” word.
You should join us for movie night when they return. We have a lot of fun tog. We have watched some really fun oldies and made fun of a few.

Reactions: garnetsilver