Weird Vanishings

I grew up doing many hikes and backpacks in Yosemite. It is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. However. Like any other high mountain & steep rocky valley geographical area, it can be a dangerous place. While these vanishings sound mysterious, I think they’re sadly a result of unfortunately being in the wrong place at the wrong time, probably combined with inexperience. Many people make the error of going into the backcountry without training or learning about the wilderness.
Yosemite has a lot of unknown caves, it has mountain lions & the occasional looney man wandering around looking for a victim.

Stories like this disturb me because many of the vanished people were just trying to enjoy some time in nature.

Reactions: Lynne
Stories like this disturb me because many of the vanished people were just trying to enjoy some time in nature.
Yes, they are disturbing. However they’re all a part of the great circle of life. I strongly believe Mama Earth protects the spirits of the victims and gives them Love and a true Home.

• Love it
Reactions: garnetsilver
David Pilates discusses these cases in his book and movie “missing 411”.

I don’t think they are all occasions of inexperience or accidents. Many of these cases have eerie similarities. Some are they often occur near water, it’s the first or last person in line, someone gets tired and stops and the other goes ahead alone, sometimes bodies or parts of their clothing are found in places not capable for that person, or the distance was too far in a time period. Sometimes small kids are recovered in areas they couldn’t have possibly traversed. There is something going on in our national parks. What it is I don’t know. It is high strangeness for sure.