Weird Experience

Garnet you should write this experience down in as much detail as possible. A record will let you come back to it for more consideration.

Garnet you should write this experience down in as much detail as possible. A record will let you come back to it for more consideration.
Yes I did write about it in my dream journal. Even now little bits keep coming to me as I remember more details. The sheriff seemed to react to me as someone who was in the way, but he didn't look directly at me. I'm not sure if other people could see me or not!

Yes I did write about it in my dream journal. Even now little bits keep coming to me as I remember more details. The sheriff seemed to react to me as someone who was in the way, but he didn't look directly at me. I'm not sure if other people could see me or not!
Amazing experience.

Reactions: AstralGlow
It's been awhile since I shared anything, so this happened just this morning. I was partly awake not really asleep, and still very groggy. As I lay there in this half asleep state, I felt myself just lift off and go very high into the sky. I was flying, and below me was a completely snow covered landscape. It looked deserted; there weren't any houses or people, just miles of snow. I felt those swooping sensations like when you are on a roller coaster, and decided to look around for something of interest.

Soon I came to a town, very far below. The perspective was like from an airplane because I was so far up. As I descended, I saw that while there was no snow here, it felt like early spring. The town was in a valley surrounded by mountains. I got a sense of place, and thought of the word Appalachia. I landed in front of some kind of second hand furniture shop; there was a bunch of used, worn chairs on the sidewalk in front. And there was a crowd milling around,. I thought they were shopping but I felt unease and excitement in the air and realized that something was going on. The street itself looked old fashioned, but the used chairs were at least contemporary in design; there were even a couple of cheap counter stools.

When I entered the shop, everything was in disarray, as if there had been a fight. There was angry, defeated energy. I went down a long hall with faded yellow walls, and saw three men coming towards me, and one of them had his hands behind his back. When they passed, I saw that he was cuffed, so I figured the other two men were law enforcement. I followed them back into the front of the shop and outside. The crowd was still there, murmuring excitedly but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then a sheriff put his hand out as if to nudge me aside and I shrank back, wondering if his hand would go through me and cause people to get more excited. I went down the street a short distance, noticing the old wooden buildings and thinking how it looked like a mining town, when I started to remember that the cats must be hungry by now. I reluctantly opened my eyes, wondering how I could have experienced all of this while still awake!

Your description of the event made me think it was a lucid dream.. the mountains, used wooden chairs, yellow faded walls and some feel very symbolic to me. You seem to remember some great detail.. you ever bother looking up what it might mean? if its possibly a symbolical message from your subconscious?

I aint great at deciphering dreams.. id for example google: shop, chairs, wooden.. the more details the better.. just a color, a number, a shape etc etc might reveal a bit more

Your description of the event made me think it was a lucid dream.. the mountains, used wooden chairs, yellow faded walls and some feel very symbolic to me. You seem to remember some great detail.. you ever bother looking up what it might mean? if its possibly a symbolical message from your subconscious?

I aint great at deciphering dreams.. id for example google: shop, chairs, wooden.. the more details the better.. just a color, a number, a shape etc etc might reveal a bit more
It wasn't a dream. I started reading about lucid dreams vs astral travel, and a way of telling the difference between the two is to find whether you can control people and items in your environment, or if you cannot affect them. For example, if I landed in a dress shop, and it was lucid dreaming, I could make different kinds of dresses appear or disappear. If I am astral traveling nothing in the shop will change even if I want it to.

I am pretty good at deciphering dreams, so I am sure that this wasn't one.

It wasn't a dream. I started reading about lucid dreams vs astral travel, and a way of telling the difference between the two is to find whether you can control people and items in your environment, or if you cannot affect them. For example, if I landed in a dress shop, and it was lucid dreaming, I could make different kinds of dresses appear or disappear. If I am astral traveling nothing in the shop will change even if I want it to.

I am pretty good at deciphering dreams, so I am sure that this wasn't one.
mkay, if you say so! I'm a dreamer myself and have been lucid dreaming since my early teens.. not much astral travel for me though.. as I said im bad at deciphering.. especially my own dreams.. If its someone i know well, it gets easier..

interesting you mentioned that as distinction.. a lot of times when im lucid i dont bother changing environment or myself.. until maybe the dream gets too much.. interesting how you could make dresses appear if you wished so.. atm I can only think about maybe once that I manifested something in a dream that wasnt there.. I just manipulate whats there alrdy..

the liftoff you mentioned sounds like obe/astral travel.. I wonder how many shops there would be with a buncha chairs like that outside.. your travel makes me think of a western too

Id like to talk to you about dreaming more some day.. maybe we could help each other.. though you come across as more experienced..

I dont keep a journal anymore cuz at times ive had 4/5 lucid dreams a night and taking notes with a sleepy mind i didnt feel rested much the next day, and then trying to decipher them takes so much time too.. now I only take notes or look something up if its just too strange a dream.. Ive had a premonition maybe once, about two blasts that happened two days later irl.. ive seen shadow people and one light being once.. so I can understand if only the dreamer/traveler can tell the difference between a dream, travel or what not

the liftoff you mentioned sounds like obe/astral travel.. I wonder how many shops there would be with a buncha chairs like that outside.. your travel makes me think of a western too

Id like to talk to you about dreaming more some day.. maybe we could help each other.. though you come across as more experienced.
Sure, we can talk about dreaming if you like. In a way I am experienced, but am only now trying to learn how to control it. I have spontaneously astral projected a few times and realized that I had been out of my body by checking. For example, one morning, just before waking for work, I found myself in a park near my house. The sun was barely over the horizon, and there was rising mist on the grass. I realized that I was not actually walking, but sort of skimming along. I recognized the park because I often walked there. I came to a stream and paused. At that moment something seemed to tug and I found myself moving rapidly back the way that I had come. In a blur I saw my house, then the roof, then myself laying on my bed, and my then two year old daughter crying and trying to wake me. There was a sickening jolt in my stomach as if someone had lightly punched me there, and I woke.

I quickly got dressed and went outside; the park was right across the street. Everything was exactly the same, except that the sun was a bit higher. I realized then that I had astral projected.

Sure, we can talk about dreaming if you like. In a way I am experienced, but am only now trying to learn how to control it. I have spontaneously astral projected a few times and realized that I had been out of my body by checking. For example, one morning, just before waking for work, I found myself in a park near my house. The sun was barely over the horizon, and there was rising mist on the grass. I realized that I was not actually walking, but sort of skimming along. I recognized the park because I often walked there. I came to a stream and paused. At that moment something seemed to tug and I found myself moving rapidly back the way that I had come. In a blur I saw my house, then the roof, then myself laying on my bed, and my then two year old daughter crying and trying to wake me. There was a sickening jolt in my stomach as if someone had lightly punched me there, and I woke.

I quickly got dressed and went outside; the park was right across the street. Everything was exactly the same, except that the sun was a bit higher. I realized then that I had astral projected.
that sounds pretty cool. imagining the possibilities if you can control this gift.. do you always get this jolt in your stomach when you re enter your body? this one time I had a feeling like something entered me through my stomach..

how was vision before u felt this tugging back?

with me its only happened spontaneous too.. maybe once or twice besides the one when I fell through the ground.. but after I got light and floaty feeling as if half my spirit or whatever was out of my body i got spooked maybe and didnt fully separate.. sigh.. do you do anything consciously to try and stay in that state?

Reactions: garnetsilver
that sounds pretty cool. imagining the possibilities if you can control this gift.. do you always get this jolt in your stomach when you re enter your body? this one time I had a feeling like something entered me through my stomach..

how was vision before u felt this tugging back?

with me its only happened spontaneous too.. maybe once or twice besides the one when I fell through the ground.. but after I got light and floaty feeling as if half my spirit or whatever was out of my body i got spooked maybe and didnt fully separate.. sigh.. do you do anything consciously to try and stay in that state?
In my own experiences, and in those that I have read about, there is almost always a jolt when re-entering the body. It is the astral cord pulling you back in.

I'm not sure what your question about vision meant. And since the projections were spontaneous I don't think I did anything consciously to stay in that state.

Reactions: AstralGlow
In my own experiences, and in those that I have read about, there is almost always a jolt when re-entering the body. It is the astral cord pulling you back in.

I'm not sure what your question about vision meant. And since the projections were spontaneous I don't think I did anything consciously to stay in that state.
O I just meant if you see things like you would when awake.. In dreams sometimes I see blurs.. when trying to focus on it trying to see more detail it often disrupts the dream