Weird Experience

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I shared anything, so this happened just this morning. I was partly awake not really asleep, and still very groggy. As I lay there in this half asleep state, I felt myself just lift off and go very high into the sky. I was flying, and below me was a completely snow covered landscape. It looked deserted; there weren't any houses or people, just miles of snow. I felt those swooping sensations like when you are on a roller coaster, and decided to look around for something of interest.

Soon I came to a town, very far below. The perspective was like from an airplane because I was so far up. As I descended, I saw that while there was no snow here, it felt like early spring. The town was in a valley surrounded by mountains. I got a sense of place, and thought of the word Appalachia. I landed in front of some kind of second hand furniture shop; there was a bunch of used, worn chairs on the sidewalk in front. And there was a crowd milling around,. I thought they were shopping but I felt unease and excitement in the air and realized that something was going on. The street itself looked old fashioned, but the used chairs were at least contemporary in design; there were even a couple of cheap counter stools.

When I entered the shop, everything was in disarray, as if there had been a fight. There was angry, defeated energy. I went down a long hall with faded yellow walls, and saw three men coming towards me, and one of them had his hands behind his back. When they passed, I saw that he was cuffed, so I figured the other two men were law enforcement. I followed them back into the front of the shop and outside. The crowd was still there, murmuring excitedly but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Then a sheriff put his hand out as if to nudge me aside and I shrank back, wondering if his hand would go through me and cause people to get more excited. I went down the street a short distance, noticing the old wooden buildings and thinking how it looked like a mining town, when I started to remember that the cats must be hungry by now. I reluctantly opened my eyes, wondering how I could have experienced all of this while still awake!

I wonder if this qualifies as lucid dreaming, or clairvoyance, or astral travel? Opinions, thoughts are welcome.
GS - some of my premonitions occur while I’m awake. In fact, for me, statistically speaking, most of my premonitions are received within the first 30 minutes that I’m awake. The closer to awakening, the greater the likelihood I could receive a premonition.

GS - some of my premonitions occur while I’m awake. In fact, for me, statistically speaking, most of my premonitions are received within the first 30 minutes that I’m awake. The closer to awakening, the greater the likelihood I could receive a premonition.
I hadn't even considered a premonition! Thanks for that input, Wands. Now I am wondering where the heck that place was.

There's so many explanations for what happened; it's hard to figure it out. I wonder if I was just wandering and accidentally landed in that particular location at that particular time, or it there a broader picture? :confused:

I wonder if this qualifies as lucid dreaming, or clairvoyance, or astral travel? Opinions, thoughts are welcome.
This was an exciting experience. Do you think people could see you ? Did the sheriff react to you when he shoved you away? I thought this sounded like either a lucid dream or an OBE.

Reactions: garnetsilver