Weird Experience with Radio

This happened in the late 80's. I had gone to visit my father for the Christmas holidays, and during my visit, he gave up his bedroom for me so that I could have privacy. He had this radio in his room that I liked to listen to before going to sleep, so when I was ready to return home, he asked if I wanted to take the radio with me, since he had others. This was a regular, unremarkable boom box type of radio. So I brought the radio home with me.

One night I decided to turn it on as I prepared supper but couldn't find any music. I turned the dial, growing frustrated because I wasn't picking anything up. Finally I heard something and I raised the volume. What I was hearing sounded like a man's voice talking in an echoing room, and it sounded like he was chanting. I could also hear the voices of a lot of people, and it sounded like they were moaning or lamenting. I couldn't make out words, but it creeped me out, so I rapidly turned the tuner dial to find something else. But all that I could pick up was what sounded like some kind of ritual being done. All I could pick up was the guy chanting, and the people in the background making these lamenting sounds.

I turned the tuning dial until I reached the end of the range, and could not pick up anything else. So I turned off the radio and put it away in a closet. One of my more creepier experiences.
Wow! That is one creepy event. I would have launched it into the dumpster post haste ! Have you ever tried it again?

They didn't sound Gregorian, and I love listening to Gregorian chanting. This was downright eerie, and I was picking up mental images of a cave like place. I feel comforted, when I listen to Gregorian chanting, and this made me very uneasy, as if I were being forced to participate in something evil.
Your instincts were probably right and it’s a good thing you shut it off. There are more things going on in this world than we will ever know.

What I was wondering is maybe there was a tape or CD left in the boom box by your father and when you turned it on that is what started playing because it was set to tape or CD mode already.
No, there was nothing in the radio when I brought it home.

Wow! That is one creepy event. I would have launched it into the dumpster post haste ! Have you ever tried it again?
Well, it was a long time ago. I do remember not wanting to throw the radio away, because I really needed on for my kitchen, and to replace the crappy one that I already had. So I put my father's radio away in a closet, and a month later, got it out again and started using it. I didn't have any more incidents with it, after that.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
No, there was nothing in the radio when I brought it home
This thread/story is getting scarier with your dad having ritual items,it sounds like the chanting was brought through for or by him.I'm glad you took the good path and share your experiences on here Garnet.One of the most interesting/intriguing accounts I've heard.

This thread/story is getting scarier with your dad having ritual items,it sounds like the chanting was brought through for or by him.I'm glad you took the good path and share your experiences on here Garnet.One of the most interesting/intriguing accounts I've heard.
Yes I agree. We learn from each other.

One of my grandmothers was a witch in Italy. She cast spells and made potions, etc for people.
She was the 7th daughter of a 7th daughter.
After she got to the USA she continued but the church found out and made her stop.

Reactions: garnetsilver
One of my grandmothers was a witch in Italy. She cast spells and made potions, etc for people.
She was the 7th daughter of a 7th daughter.
After she got to the USA she continued but the church found out and made her stop.
Wow ! I’m assuming she was the type that helped people.

Reactions: garnetsilver