Weird Experience with Radio

There have been satanic radio stations. What part of the country was this?

Computers and phones do strange stuff to me all the time. That is why I stayed with a flip phone for so long. I could just touch a smartphone and make it die or butt dial someone that I have never heard of before. I used to get pager calls from a lady in Corpus Christy all the time. I would call her and let her know that she had me and not her husband. we were not even in the same area code and we were 250 miles apart. Her name was Gloria and her husband was Ben. We talked so often we were like buddies. Her husband was happy with me. Gloria was giving him a hard time for ignoring her pages until I started letting her know when her calls got misdirected.

Computers and phones do strange stuff to me all the time. That is why I stayed with a flip phone for so long. I could just touch a smartphone and make it die or butt dial someone that I have never heard of before. I used to get pager calls from a lady in Corpus Christy all the time. I would call her and let her know that she had me and not her husband. we were not even in the same area code and we were 250 miles apart. Her name was Gloria and her husband was Ben. We talked so often we were like buddies. Her husband was happy with me. Gloria was giving him a hard time for ignoring her pages until I started letting her know when her calls got misdirected.
You sound like a SLIder to me, Dan.

Reactions: RoseRed and Lynne
Would you suffer for us the recollection of any details that might give us a better idea of what your father was exploring?
Well, all I knew for sure was that he had a ritual dagger underneath his bed, and and a book with all kinds of rituals in it. He never talked to his children about any of it. Also, we were constantly moving into places that were haunted or had other disturbing incidents in it. I felt like he was drawn to these places, consciously or not.

Reactions: ozentity
This was a regular, unremarkable boom box type of radio.

Lots of boom boxes also played cassette tapes and/or CDs. Could you have been listening to a tape or CD instead of a radio broadcast?

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke
Lots of boom boxes also played cassette tapes and/or CDs. Could you have been listening to a tape or CD instead of a radio broadcast?
First, I wouldn't have owned anything that sounded like that. Second, I had just brought the radio home; it was my first tape player so I didn't own any tapes yet. I have had other weird experiences with both radios and television sets, so it wasn't entirely new; just that I hadn't heard anything quite like that awful chanting.

Reactions: ozentity
Well, all I knew for sure was that he had a ritual dagger underneath his bed, and and a book with all kinds of rituals in it. He never talked to his children about any of it. Also, we were constantly moving into places that were haunted or had other disturbing incidents in it. I felt like he was drawn to these places, consciously or not.
I think that your father must have been a warlock.

Reactions: garnetsilver
First, I wouldn't have owned anything that sounded like that. Second, I had just brought the radio home; it was my first tape player so I didn't own any tapes yet. I have had other weird experiences with both radios and television sets, so it wasn't entirely new; just that I hadn't heard anything quite like that awful chanting.

What I was wondering is maybe there was a tape or CD left in the boom box by your father and when you turned it on that is what started playing because it was set to tape or CD mode already.

Reactions: Lynne and Duke