Wednesday Addams series

tribute22

Reaction score
Anyone watching that series? I'm on my second viewing and it's become one of my favorite series of all time. The witch-burnings, of course, have a historical precedence although the number of supposed witches killed/murdered is variable depending on who you read. Minimum is thousands, maximum nine million.

You've also got cryptids (wolves, mermaids, unknown, etc) along with witches and shape-shifters. The overall story seems well done and the individual episodes are each good in their own way.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the show. We had put off watching it because it sounded like something that could either be really good or really bad.

The world building was interesting and there was an actual mystery element to it that made sense. Some of the dialog was a bit cliche and the pacing felt off at times. I would have liked to see the story fleshed out a bit more with maybe one or two additional episodes but not bad overall. I was a little surprised that they decided on making the Addams a Hispanic family but it didn't feel out of place and Gomez actually looked like the version from the original comic strip.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
Is this show a spin of the original Adams family? I may have to give it a look now that you all say it's good.

It includes most of the original characters. Wednesday is kicked out of public school due to a piranha incident and sent to a school for outcasts (werewolves, sirens, etc.) I've already watched it twice and will still buy it when it eventually comes out on DVD.

Anyone watching that series? I'm on my second viewing and it's become one of my favorite series of all time. The witch-burnings, of course, have a historical precedence although the number of supposed witches killed/murdered is variable depending on who you read. Minimum is thousands, maximum nine million.

You've also got cryptids (wolves, mermaids, unknown, etc) along with witches and shape-shifters. The overall story seems well done and the individual episodes are each good in their own way.
I did not like the direction the show went EARLY on. But sticking with it, of course as most shows misdirect. It was decent.

Reactions: Lynne
I liled it! I also liked the Willow series from the movie,but apparently they're gonna cancel Willow after 1 season! So mad!

Reactions: Lynne