Weaponized ticks?

I heard one vegan activist group was talking about using ticks to give everyone lyme disease so meat eaters couldn't eat meat even if they tried.

Reactions: Debi
I heard one vegan activist group was talking about using ticks to give everyone lyme disease so meat eaters couldn't eat meat even if they tried.
Lots of theories out there, and it's not beyond our government to test things on large groups of people. You know I firmly believe the flu from 2018 that did kill 80,000 in the U.S. (although no one heard that number until recently) was something escaped from a lab. As one with ongoing repercussions, I've had enough discussions with medical people who also agree with me...but are afraid to say it.

Last edited:
Lots of theories out there, and it's not beyond our government to test things on large groups of people. You know I firmly believe the flu from 2018 that did kill 800,000 in the U.S. (although no one heard that number until recently) was something escaped from a lab. As one with ongoing repercussions, I've had enough discussions with medical people who also agree with me...but are afraid to say it.
Hold up, a virus from last year killed 800,000 Americans? That's eight hundred-thousand? How have I not heard of this until now?

Hold up, a virus from last year killed 800,000 Americans? That's eight hundred-thousand? How have I not heard of this until now?
It was well hidden. I'll see if I can find you the stats.

Reactions: Charleh
Estimated Influenza Illnesses, Medical visits, Hospitalizations, and Deaths in the United States — 2017–2018 influenza season | CDC

2017–2018 Estimates
Influenza activity in the United States during the 2017–2018 season began to increase in November and remained at high levels for several weeks during January–February5. While influenza A(H3N2) viruses predominated through February, and were predominant overall for the season, influenza B viruses were more commonly reported starting in March, 2018. The season had high severity with unusually high levels of outpatient influenza-like illness, hospitalizations rates, and proportions of pneumonia and influenza-associated deaths.

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2017–2018 season was also high with an estimated 48.8 million people getting sick with influenza, 22.7 million people going to a health care provider, 959,000 hospitalizations, and 79,400 deaths from influenza (Table 1). The number of cases of influenza-associated illness that occurred last season was the highest since the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, when an estimated 60 million people were sick with influenza6.

I still deal with the after affects of that B version. That's the one I feel got loose from a lab. I know people will think I'm nuts, but I'm telling you that thing was not normal.

Reactions: NobleHouse
I still deal with the after affects of that B version. That's the one I feel got loose from a lab. I know people will think I'm nuts, but I'm telling you that thing was not normal.
Ah. 80 thousand. You shook me good for a minute :eek:
No you're not nuts. I know crazy when I see it :p

Ah. 80 thousand. You shook me good for a minute :eek:
No you're not nuts. I know crazy when I see it :p
Oops...did NOT see my extra zero in there! Anyway, that's a LOT of people, and way above the norm. AND the Stats were hidden for quite some time. Normally states report as you go but not that year! Nope!

Reactions: Charleh
Average amount is:

In that era, CDC estimated that flu-associated deaths ranged from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 deaths. The previous range used to describe influenza-related deaths, from 3,000 to 49,000, was based on data from 30 influenza seasons from 1976 through 2007 used in a statistical model