We remember...

I went to work. And I joined the US Army.. I was ticked off. True story. But on the upside, I sure learned a heck of a lot of second-hand stories about how this war was mismanaged. Like the story when Bin Laden was assassinated ? I have it on pretty good authority he was already dead for about 5 years.:D Tora Bora and the daisy cutters.:) Funny the people you have bumped into at Fort Knox.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU HEARD? WHAT DID YOU FEEL? WHAT DID YOU DO?

I was in elementary school, don't know what that is called else where I know it's called different things. I was 6 years old. I was in class like any other day. They pulled us out of class we were happy about that and we were brought to the cafeteria. They put on the tv's and showed us the towers falling and the pundits sayings it was a terrorist attack. I saw the planes fly into the buildings over and over. I only understood that school was out and I was going home. I was wondering how this affects us if we were leaving school?

I was watching the news with my mom and they started showing peopling jumping. Waving their arms from the building. And then jumping. I saw then make eye contact with the camera man who is thinking "this is the best footage I've ever gotten in my life" begging for help with their eyes. The choppers never try and let them try and crawl or jump to the helicopter, no they just circle and keep clear, make sure they keep getting the good shots. Then as the heat becomes to much and the smoke chokes out the oxygen they jump. One after another sometimes turning around and going back to try and find an exit. Then the sounds of them hitting the ground, and hitting the roofs. My mom sent me to the other room but I had already seen it all. I was left wondering why did they not use helicopters to try and save people? If they have dozens of helicopters in the air so many people are just deciding not to help them, lower a rope, let them jump on board or at least try rather than to their death, land on the roof, hover near by, I don't know that's just what I felt. That we didn't do enough.

About 30 minutes went by maybe less time, the towers were falling and I did not think about the fact I was watching people die every time they constantly replayed the same videos over and over. I was quite numb as a child from being abused. The jumpers got to me but not this giant cloud of dust.

I felt sorrow for the people who had died afterwards because I knew many had died tragically.

Nowadays after seeing the evidence as I got older of the incongruences in the videos from the news I do think we were lied to about what really happened that day and why we were truly involved in the resulting Iraqi and afghani invasions and millions of civilian deaths.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
I went to work. And I joined the US Army.. I was ticked off. True story. But on the upside, I sure learned a heck of a lot of second-hand stories about how this war was mismanaged. Like the story when Bin Laden was assassinated ? I have it on pretty good authority he was already dead for about 5 years.:D Tora Bora and the daisy cutters.:) Funny the people you have bumped into at Fort Knox.
Yes his body guards wrote a book saying he died of kidney failure in a cave years before.

Notice how they never allowed the body to be examined and dumped it off an aircraft carrier into the ocean. Their story not mine! Lol

My buddy at Knox was a scout on the bombing of Tora Bora. Nobody walked out of there. He described it as there once was a mountain and now there is no mountain.

It was just a few minutes before 6AM Pacific Time and I was taking my short drive to Starbucks. I flipped on the radio and heard the news reporting of the (first) plane crash into the tower. My immediate thought was, "If there is a second plane crash then this is no accident." ; and, I went numb.

I got into line at Starbucks - they had the news on too - and a man ran into the store indicating that there was an unconfirmed report that a second smaller plane, "maybe a private plane", hit the tower too.

I raced home with the radio news on again and learned about the second passenger jet's collision.

I stood still in front of my TV for probably most of the day. Numb.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
It was just a few minutes before 6AM Pacific Time and I was taking my short drive to Starbucks. I flipped on the radio and heard the news reporting of the (first) plane crash into the tower. My immediate thought was, "If there is a second plane crash then this is no accident." ; and, I went numb.

I got into line at Starbucks - they had the news on too - and a man ran into the store indicating that there was an unconfirmed report that a second smaller plane, "maybe a private plane", hit the tower too.

I raced home with the radio news on again and learned about the second passenger jet's collision.

I stood still in front of my TV for probably most of the day. Numb.
I think many of us would have used that term....numb.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
I think many of us would have used that term....numb.
My drill sergeant was pretty adamant that nobody walked off of that mountain alive. When the Moab just got done with it there was no mountain. The guy was a Scout and on the scene.

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
My drill sergeant was pretty adamant that nobody walked off of that mountain alive. When the Moab just got done with it there was no mountain. The guy was a Scout and on the scene.
MOAB is no joke.