We can build a time machine

Prof Mallett explains: "If I could build a time machine, then I could go back into the past and see my father again and maybe save his life and change everything."

this quote from the article is why we should not be allowed to do this, no matter how good or harmless the intention seems, changing ANYTHING in the past will reflect on the future. the temptation to get involved and tamper would be too great.

Last edited:
Agree. exactly what Paulm said as much as I would love to have had more time with loved ones it's not a good idea

Reactions: Lynne
Prof Mallett explains: "If I could build a time machine, then I could go back into the past and see my father again and maybe save his life and change everything."

this quote from the article is why we should not be allowed to do this, no matter how good or harmless the intention seems, changing ANYTHING in the past will reflect on the future. the temptation to get involved and tamper would be too great.

I’ve heard that theory stated in this news piece more than once. That being that all time occurs at once and humans’ perception of the forward movement of time is just an illusion.

Assume that is true.

Is it possible Paulm that a change made after traveling into the past might create ripples in all directions - not just forward in our perceived time - and thus cause other changes further in the past? :eek: :confused:

I’ve heard that theory stated in this news piece more than once. That being that all time occurs at once and humans’ perception of the forward movement of time is just an illusion.

Assume that is true.

Is it possible Paulm that a change made after traveling into the past might create ripples in all directions - not just forward in our perceived time - and thus cause other changes further in the past? :eek: :confused:

I don't know, wouldn't even begin to know the answer to that.....good theory though.
at the very basic idea, if you go back and change something, its only going to effect anything moveing forward, ....as far as rippling backward through time, then, as an example, if we decide to do something now but then change our mind, wouldn't that be the same?, yet it doesn't effect the past, just the future..... I know, it could be said "but you were gonna change your mind anyways", but then you have crossed over into a "destiny" or "fate" train of thought, which would negate the whole concept all together anyways....lol
ugh....now my head hurts.... I don't have the brain capacity for this subject...lmao

I don't know, wouldn't even begin to know the answer to that.....good theory though.
at the very basic idea, if you go back and change something, its only going to effect anything moveing forward, ....as far as rippling backward through time, then, as an example, if we decide to do something now but then change our mind, wouldn't that be the same?, yet it doesn't effect the past, just the future..... I know, it could be said "but you were gonna change your mind anyways", but then you have crossed over into a "destiny" or "fate" train of thought, which would negate the whole concept all together anyways....lol
ugh....now my head hurts.... I don't have the brain capacity for this subject...lmao

I got half way through your response and then I had the "...now my head hurts..." feeling too. But maybe I was supposed to feel that way after your post. I'll go back in time and re-read your post to see if I get a different result!!!

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
I got half way through your response and then I had the "...now my head hurts..." feeling too. But maybe I was supposed to feel that way after your post. I'll go back in time and re-read your post to see if I get a different result!!!

lol, this is one of those things that for me is hard to express with the written word.....add to that the fact that im not a quantum physicist and don't know what the heck im talking about to begin with....lol....and waalaa...instant head ache.....
but, what the heck, 60 years ago a monkey flew a space ship so I figure I can throw my 2 cents into the mix sometimes.....lmao....even if it does sound like something the afore mentioned monkey would come up with....lmao

Your so clever :D

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
lol, this is one of those things that for me is hard to express with the written word.....add to that the fact that im not a quantum physicist and don't know what the heck im talking about to begin with....lol....and waalaa...instant head ache.....
but, what the heck, 60 years ago a monkey flew a space ship so I figure I can throw my 2 cents into the mix sometimes.....lmao....even if it does sound like something the afore mentioned monkey would come up with....lmao
That poor monkey

Reactions: TonyM