Was she saying hello or goodbye?

I've had quite a few pets over the years,usually at least 6 dogs and a few cats at a time.When I've had to put them to sleep I've always thought I should have done it sooner,maybe not true but I think this, it's the ultimate love for them to end their suffering despite your heartache.I feel some come back when we need them,because of their love and loyalty humans can only dream of.I do believe we will be together again some great day.

Hi,

I am new to this site. I am someone who believes that just because something can't be explained it doesn't mean there is no explanation. I am open to paranormal explanations for such things, but I also ask a lot of questions because I also feel that one has to exhaust all possible explanations of a physical nature before turning to those that are metaphysical. I was just educated to think that way, and that's how I am. I'm probably too old to change.

In late June of 2020, I put my 15 year old cat, Gertie, to sleep. She had multiple health issues. Some were treatable but others were not. It was a situation where I chose not to expose her to stressful visits to the vet to monitor her various conditions, multiple administrations of meds per day, and ultimately, putting her to sleep anyway because she had a tumor growing in her chest that we could do nothing about. Regardless of knowing I did what I did for her benefit, any pet owner who makes this difficult choice will tell you there is still guilt and doubt that comes with it. There just isn't any way to avoid feeling that way when you make a life and death decision for a pet that you hold dear. I still struggle with grief compounded by this double wammie of guilt and doubt. Obviously, the story I'm about to tell is more than just odd, it's emotional as well.

In late August, about 2 months after Gertie's passing, I woke up one Saturday morning. I'm an early riser whether or not it's a work day, so it was still a little dark. I went into the garage to flip on the sprinkler system. As I walked back into the house through the door from the garage I thought about what I had to do next. I had to feed Dewey and Phoebe, our remaining two cats. As I thought that, I remember saying to myself: "I just wish my little angel were still here". That's what I called Gertie, my "little angel". I approached the room where we feed our cats, and in the doorway I saw the silhouette of a cat sitting there. It was vivid enough that I began to say "good morning", thinking it was Dewey wanting to be fed. Just as those words were forming in my mouth, I saw Dewey in the room on the bed they sleep on. Then I thought, "it must have been Phoebe", so I quickened my pace to see if she was in the room now, as the image had vanished from the doorway. Sure enough, Phoebe was even further in the room, asleep. I thought, "well, who was that?" As I asked myself that, a chill went down my spine. At that point my rational self took over, and I reminded myself that I was just waking up and it was still a little dark. My eyes and mind must have conspired to play a trick on me. I have never stopped thinking about it though. The image was too vivid to be an optical illusion. It was so vivid that I began to speak to it. I have never seen it since. I want to think Gertie was saying "hi, I'm still around". I'm also wondering, however, if she was saying "goodbye". I understand that materializing is very difficult for an entity to do from the other side. It takes a great deal of energy. In that sense, I feel very honored and loved in the sense that Gertie cared about me enough to do that if that's what was really happening. I am interested in hearing what the good people on this site think of this event. Remember, when we grieve we sometimes reach for anything that will bring back anything of the individual we grieve for, human or otherwise. I want to think it was Gertie, but I also know I may be reaching.

Please be kind, as I am still grieving for my "little angel". Thanks!
Hi Catman. Gertie / Little Angel was saying hi and that everything is okay. I have not seen those that pass over, but I sometimes feel their presence. They want you to know that they are still around.

Thanks Walking Goose! My understanding from talking to other people is that dreaming of lost loved ones is a form of communication from them.
Yes I absolutely believe in dream visitations from animals and people. We have been talking a lot about dreams lately on the live chat. Feel free to join us about 9 pm.

i agree with all my friends posts above. Many people will get a sign or glimpse of their deceased pet. Your brain may have still been in a bata state from sleep and you were able to tune in to his energy for a minute. I’m guessing he is around all the time with you and his cat buddies. You just can’t always see him.