Was Rendlesham a prank?

Note: I post this because it's out there floating around, but once again, this is a story based on ONE unnamed and anonymous person's "report". Seems to be a lot of that going on right now.

Insider Claims Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident Was a British Military Prank | Mysterious Universe

Go to site for story

And not for the first time!

Re: More Bentwaters Information - Clarke

So, it was a prank, and at the same time another prank, and also a meteor, and the planet Venus, and a lighthouse, and lights from a tractor...

;)

Reactions: Debi
I don't buy the premise, for a couple different reasons. First, I put a great deal of stock in the former SAS trooper's comment about unit lore. Such a stunt would be one known and revered throughout the Regiment from that point on. I also am naturally skeptical about anyone claiming to have perpetrated a hoax unless/until it is recreated. Reminds me of the engineering students from New Mexico Tech who claimed years after the fact to have pranked Officer Lonnie Zamora in the famous Socorro, NM sighting in 1964. Their claim of a "candle in a balloon" at Socorro is no more convincing than the SAS claim of balloons and remote control kites with flares etc, at Rendelsham. Finally, the report claims the UK did not investigate the sighting because they knew what really happened. That is in direct conflict with what Nick Pope says, he has talked about the MoD "Project Condign" investigation of radiation levels around the area of the sighting.

Reactions: Debi