Was I Just Sleep Deprived?

Reaction score
Hi all
Could you comment on this.
years ago when I was 17 I went up to Leicester to see my brother who was at uni.
Until quite recently I was a terrible insomniac (I have medication to induce sleep and now I can go to sleep whenever I need to.
But back then all my life I could never fall asleep and this was the case when I went up.
He was ready to go clubbing and was amazed I told him I needed to sleep as I was desperate to sleep for days. So I was left in this ordinary terraced house. It was in a pakistani area of Leicester.
So I lay there trying to go to sleep and I heard feint talking like two women speaking urdu or something similar I obviously couldnt understand.
I assumed it was next door. There was a loud knock at the door and i went to open it but noone there which made me scared.
As i continually tried to sleep the talking continued and as I got up just to take my t shirt off the voices kind of went whoo hoo.
Then another loud knock at the door. Noone there and as I lay back down the two women were giggling. I started thinking they were watching me and talking about me and I was absolutely terrified. I could even go to the loo as I feared seeing something.
The two women continued talking then a third really loud bang at the door and i only went to open it because I prayed it was my brother. This was decades before mobile phones. As I went back in the room the voices were laughing like it was fun what was going on. It then dawned on me the voices were coming from the kitchen next door which I had not being in. So I mustered all my courage and stood up to open the kitchen door. The voices were talking in urdu loudly now. I swung open the door and the second I did the voices stopped immediatelty like the tv just turning off. Nothing there. I went back to the other room and the voices seemed to return and were making the sound of conversation like how funny this was. I knew this was paranormal because of the way they cut out in a split second. I could stand no more and went out to find a pub to sit in till he came back.
when he was back there was no more talking and as i was so pissed I fell asleep in an upstairs room. It turns out a girl was murdured in the house in an honour killing some years before.
Anyone else ever had this type of thing.

Reactions: 7Critter
It sounds like a ghost encounter to me, I wonder if the sleep deprivation didn't somehow make it easier for you to pick up the energy. I have to take medicine to sleep to, so I feel your pain.

I agree with Jay. Perhaps your brain was in an altered state due to your extreme state of tiredness. That had to be scary. What country are you in?
I am in England in Canterbury.
Thanks for your words

Reactions: 7Critter
It sounds like a ghost encounter to me, I wonder if the sleep deprivation didn't somehow make it easier for you to pick up the energy. I have to take medicine to sleep to, so I feel your pain.
Yes I think this too. I have continually had spooky experiences in my 44 years.

Reactions: Lynne
You see I wonder if my insomnia is linked to my possible over imaginitive thoughts. I swear it was going on outside of me but I wonder "how powerful is the brain?"
Some poor souls God love them see people around talking all day long and are convinced it is real ( a beautiful mind staring russell crowe) so is it possible I am wired to be imaginative and insomniac?
It is just weird as I never go day to day anything happens to make me question my sanity it just happens in a portion of a night and nothing else for a good while.
But like my brother who is a scientist says "never underestimate the power of your mind"

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
I have to medicate to sleep, too, so yeah. I used to have night terrors a lot, which is why. But I also believe that when a person is tired, they may be more defenseless to the other side.

I "woke up" of the Night Hag floating over me once...I was having a very rough time sleeping, and I've read where people who encounter the Night Hag are often sleep deprived.
I have had that black shadow attacking me in sp but I am willing to accept that as a waking dream.
It seems to me some poor souls get tormented while others float through life unaffected

Last edited:
I "woke up" of the Night Hag floating over me once...I was having a very rough time sleeping, and I've read where people who encounter the Night Hag are often sleep deprived.
I never heard it called that, but am pretty sure that i have seen her. I think I hit her, once!:grimacing: