Was I dreaming?

fiveonadub

Reaction score
I sought out this forum for answers. This just happened to me about 30 minutes ago.
Crazy shit, but I know what I saw.
I was startled awake this morning at 2:55 am.
I am not even sure what woke me. The TV was on so the room had some light in it. But the volume was down. It was on CNN. My wife leaves it on while we are sleeping so if anything happens in the middle of the night like the mass shootings or whatever she can peek at the TV and see the breaking news.
I was sleeping on my back which I never do. I always sleep on my side or stomach.
When I woke, I saw a black spot on the ceiling over me. Not just any black spot, it looked like a growth or a colony with tentacles reaching out in all directions. It covered about a 5-8 ft radius.
My eyes were wide friggin open.
This spot then 'retreated' back into the ceiling.
Somehow I have convinced myself that I was still not quite awake -just to maintain some sanity.
But the more I go over it in my head, the more real it was.
I am a bit shook up.
Has anyone else ever experienced this or heard of it?
At the time I wasn't frightened, more in shock or disbelief. But I have never had anything like that happen.
On a side note, I have had this overwhelming feeling that 2019 is the year that I die.
Otherwise, I am a happy very sane normal person. But this has me beside myself.

Welcome to the PNF and Good Early Morning Fiveonadub, I go by "WandS" for short.

I've been a member of the PNF for about 16 months and have found that the moderators and other members of this forum will share posts to help in anyway that they/we can. We will also ask a lot of questions to try to help get clarity on our understandings.

Personally, I don't have a lot of experiences with thing that present as entities - like ghosts, spirits, etc. - but several other members here do have those expertise Five. So hang on and check back as frequently as you can to find other relevant responses.

As for the visual you described, I will share a similar mundane experience I've had frequently all throughout my life. I can confidently recall this visual effect going back to at least the age of 8 or 9. When my eyes are tired (even while I'm very much awake), staring at anything can cause me to see a darker mass in the center of my visual field along with radiating movement - sometimes moving outwards from the center and other times moving inwards - towards the periphery. I am sharing this Five as I know this specific personal occurrence well because I tend to stare a lot so I experience this effect a lot. I don't know how broadly a similar kind of visual effect is in other people; I just know I experience it.

However, my own paranormal experiences convince me that there can be other causes for what you have reported seeing. So watch for some of those ideas to be posted shortly.

Welcome again Five.

First, thank you for your responses.
I have been lurking about waiting for someone to say ANYTHING ...I am not sure what I am seeking..maybe validation that I am not crazy or whatever. I think a solid scientific explanation is too much to ask.
I am fairly certain it was not a trick my eyes played on me. I have experienced the dark spots in my vision, I know what you are talking about there.
But this was very real, it had depth, 3 dimensional..or possibly 4th.
I usually do not have dreams of the supernatural so I do not think I was half in/ half out- for lack of better terminology.

About dying.
My dad supposedly predicted his own death at 29 yrs old. He went so far as to get life insurance and say goodbyes to family. He was killed in a car accident a couple months later.
Way back when, I started facebook...it ask what school you went to. I picked "School of life" because it seemed like the 'cool' thing to do. I picked my start date as my birth year and complete date as 2019.
I know it sounds silly, but I have seen that as a prediction over the years.
At 43, I found I have atherosclerosis. Also have high blood pressure and PVCs.
I have begun to experience severe anxiety, though as 43 year old block rocking construction worker, the diagnosis was hard for me to accept.
I just have this overwhelming feeling that my time has come. Could all be in my head.
Another side note, I have always felt I could "read auras". I don;t actually see them, but I get sensations of colors when I am near people. Like they radiate a certain color. I have never been able to define what the color means, I just get like a sensation.
Also, I am sure I know of past lives. I have a "memory" of being shot in the back on a battlefield and my spine severed and then a antique looking tank running over me. Its like I was french or some European. And the tank that ran over me was my people. They didnt see me laying there paralyzed.
Another memory I have is of being a "settler" type. Living out in the country side in some country that was undeveloped. I don't have memory of family or such, just remember laying in bed dying of some illness.
The war death is most strong memory, the other is similar to a dream memory.
Maybe too much info, but I am trying to make sense of what I saw this AM.
Thanks, for letting me get it out.
I have never really told anyone about my "memories' or the aura thing.

No, that's not too much info at all Five. The more you are willing to share with us the more that we can both relate to you and your experiences.

I've been psychic since at least 16 years old experiencing way too many telepathic, empathic, and precognitive to leave me thinking I was anything but losing my mind as a late teen. I learned better quickly, this stuff is for real. That said, just like any average human not everything I perceive is psychic - thank goodness.

I don't recall any prior life's memories but I do have some interesting visual and tactile memories from my death during birthing. I was resuscitate just after delivery.

If you have been lurking here for long, then you might find Five that i am pretty typical of the varied paranormal experiences represented here at (and of interest to) the forum members.

It is still early in the day. You will likely have many meaningful welcomes, questions, and statements posted to your thread throughout the day.

Good morning Five and welcome. All expierences are respected here. I have no doubt you saw something. What concerns me is you feeling of impending demise. I don’t know what your faith or beliefs are but I would be praying on that. If you don’t have a belief in god then set an intention to the universe that you will live. Our minds are very powerful and can bring about what we think.

Something else to consider, optical migraines. They are painless and effect vision. I had pixelated vision with blacked out peripheral areas. I was shocked to hear I was having a migraine. I’m not saying this was what you saw but it’s something else to consider.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this forum, it’s that every expierence is personal and important. If the reason for yours doesn’t come to you right away, pray or meditate on it. Ask the powers that be to reveal it to you. I would also pray for protection. When we are ill our protective auras are week and we are vonerable to dark entities. Just my opinion. Sometimes we never figure out how or why things happen they just do. We live in a magical world where things don’t always make sense. If you spend any time here you will read these things have happened to most of us. There is a personal message feature on this site also if you need to talk privately with anyone.

Hello, Five. Welcome to the forum.

I want to first address the "time to die" thinking. I recently went through something similar to an NDE where I did think it was my "time". What I learned from this experience is we have some choice in this. And the more we think it's "our time", the more we create that for ourselves. Everyone does eventually have an exit point, yes. I believe we also have several "potential" exit points that are dependent on our choices. Some exits are caused by our own mind creation, so be careful how accepting you are of this thought you are having. This can also affect your health, as it can create health declines by using what is already a weak area of your body.

Next, the thing on the ceiling. Hard to pinpoint exactly what that is as there are many, many possibles. One thought is a portal opening or even a shadow person. Are you of a faith that you will use the St. Michael's Prayer for protection? Even a Hail Mary or two? If so, I'd use them to set up some protection for yourself.

As Lynne pointed out, there are some natural explanations as well, but if you are convinced it is paranormal, then you need to set up those protections for yourself and possibly sage your home for further protection. I will emphazise that a negative outlook on life will draw these things to you, so you need to look at how you are approaching the illnesses you report and the mindset about dying. Hard to do, I know. Been there, done that.

We're here for you, so keep us posted with anything new. And we're always here for conversation and support.