Warding against dark energy

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've recently read a few reports that talk about using iron to ward against the Shadow People phenom and dark elementals. As with the myths of old, iron was used to ward against the Fae, over the doors of homes in the form of horseshoes for luck, and in the cases of some other creatures just by carrying a pocketful of nails.

According to the latest that I've studied, the use of iron to shield from Shadow People is one of two things that appears to have some affect. The other being blessed medals. The iron must be pure ore or cast iron. (Everyone used to have a cast iron fry pan in their home but they appear to be a thing not often used these days.) And no, I'm not telling you to put a fry pan above every door...lol

We've had some experiencers here who have asked about Shadow People in the past, and with these latest reports of being somewhat effective, I thought I would share. As I find/see/hear more I'll share.

good topic, many herbs and woods as well as certain metals such as iron are easily forgotten by those familiar with their purpose. taken for granted that all should know these as the basics. but in todays world of quick learning these basics are mostly left out anymore. or the lack of a guide to learn from, people may not know the first things that should be learned, that of protection....dill, sandalwood, rowan wood, mountain ash, sage, peach wood, willow branches, etc,, many more. maybe a list of some of the basic woods, herbs and metals would be a good addition to the protection sticky......

good topic, many herbs and woods as well as certain metals such as iron are easily forgotten by those familiar with their purpose. taken for granted that all should know these as the basics. but in todays world of quick learning these basics are mostly left out anymore. or the lack of a guide to learn from, people may not know the first things that should be learned, that of protection....dill, sandalwood, rowan wood, mountain ash, sage, peach wood, willow branches, etc,, many more. maybe a list of some of the basic woods, herbs and metals would be a good addition to the protection sticky......
Good idea, Paul. I just wanted to get this out there regarding the Shadow People protection, as this one phenom has been difficult to get anything to work.

I've recently read a few reports that talk about using iron to ward against the Shadow People phenom and dark elementals. As with the myths of old, iron was used to ward against the Fae, over the doors of homes in the form of horseshoes for luck, and in the cases of some other creatures just by carrying a pocketful of nails.

According to the latest that I've studied, the use of iron to shield from Shadow People is one of two things that appears to have some affect. The other being blessed medals. The iron must be pure ore or cast iron. (Everyone used to have a cast iron fry pan in their home but they appear to be a thing not often used these days.) And no, I'm not telling you to put a fry pan above every door...lol

We've had some experiencers here who have asked about Shadow People in the past, and with these latest reports of being somewhat effective, I thought I would share. As I find/see/hear more I'll share.
Thinking of other metal protecting beliefs, this made me think of putting a penny in your loafers or shoes! I wonder if the idea springs from this way of protection. It is funny how things work their way into our beliefs and lore.

Reactions: Paulm
Thinking of other metal protecting beliefs, this made me think of putting a penny in your loafers or shoes! I wonder if the idea springs from this way of protection. It is funny how things work their way into our beliefs and lore.
like how older nursery rhymes have different meanings. i guess these are the ounce of truth to all legends... as the years pass they become watered down and soon forgotten what they actually represent by the masses, but the warnings are still there for those willing to learn.....

Reactions: Lynne
like how older nursery rhymes have different meanings. i guess these are the ounce of truth to all legends... as the years pass they become watered down and soon forgotten what they actually represent by the masses, but the warnings are still there for those willing to learn.....
I have said for years here that there is always a kernel of truth in every myth.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm

I studied metallurgy in my most recent college courses the purist form of cast iron available is called white iron, less than 1.3% silicon. this would be purer than something they would have had in myths of old. I am curious if it has greater effect. The things made out of this would be like machine stands for like old grinders, or drill presses. so it likely isnt hard to find it laying around.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Now i am curious because much of this sort of material is used for some specific purpose. I have some old railroad stakes that are made of grey iron (less pure than white iron) but they have a pretty important function. I wonder if that would have some effect vs a lump of iron that didn't. what do you think?

I studied metallurgy in my most recent college courses the purist form of cast iron available is called white iron, less than 1.3% silicon. this would be purer than something they would have had in myths of old. I am curious if it has greater effect. The things made out of this would be like machine stands for like old grinders, or drill presses. so it likely isnt hard to find it laying around.
just iron, any iron of old, some call it "cold iron" some stress meteoric iron, (tibetin belief, i think, as it passes through the heavens it is blessed by the gods, and all that).... but iron of any sort will work as long as it is true iron....different legends/beliefs will have different "rules" for all sort of things, but the base belief of most is the object itself, whether it be wood, plant, metal, herb etc... the object is the key, sure there are certain ways to be used. but some things are just what each belief system adds, whether it be regional, religious, ceremonial, etc... to fit their needs/circumstances....