Walkup in Tishomingo State park.

This certainly sounds like bi-pedal walking up. Lots of walking around in the brush. Did it eat the food? Did you put it on bread or leave it in the jar. If it unscrewed the jar. That would tell you something.

This certainly sounds like bi-pedal walking up. Lots of walking around in the brush. Did it eat the food? Did you put it on bread or leave it in the jar. If it unscrewed the jar. That would tell you something.
No, we usually just smear it on the bark of a tree right by the recorder. Normally we use peanut butter. I decided to try something new. Some of it was missing but most was there. This past weekend, I didn't see any evidence that any of it was touched but, that doesn't mean nothing came in and investigated. I will mail Bruce all the audio this week for him to go thru. If we get something, I will post it.

I captured this walkup last yr in Tishomingo. I decided to try something new and use hazelnut spread. It worked. Something walked up and checked it out at 2:53 AM.
Sounds like a lot of leaves surrounding the recorder. Have you ever placed branches under the leaf cover surrounding the recorders to hear if something of heavier weight breaks them hidden under the coverage?

Sounds like a lot of leaves surrounding the recorder. Have you ever placed branches under the leaf cover surrounding the recorders to hear if something of heavier weight breaks them hidden under the coverage?
No, we haven't. Hmmmmmm. Interesting. I may try that. One technique I came up with is the bell technique. I make a 30' circle with black thread or monofilament. I attach small bells every 6 feet at 5 1/2 feet off the ground. The bait and recorder goes right in the middle. Something man sized and bigger will hits the string, setting off the bells. All other animals coyotes, deer, bear go right under. the bells tell us whatever came is at least man sized.
Game cams? Your asking. I swear to you, every single time we think our target comes in, the camera will...not....fire! Even though we tested it several times. Bruce had a bunch of hot dogs once with a brand new camera which we tested and worked fine. Something big came in, ate all the dogs and walked off. We have it all on audio. Camera....never fired!!

I think you should leave the Nutella jar there and if they unscrew the cap you know it was a hand. Of course they may also just take it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ragnar0711
I had a Bobcat walk up on my tent while I was in it!
From the rear, walked up slowly, hearing the footsteps in the leaves was instant wake up. Then the sniff and low growl, then walked away :O
I used an old trick to mark my territory, I believe we spoke about it Tworivers.
Have you thought about doing so, to try and eliminate small animals from give a false positive ?
Also it might antagonize some activity for BF ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne