Volcanic "Devil's Footprints" explained

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
New Explanation for the Ancient 'Devil's Footprints' into an Active Volcano | Mysterious Universe

The tragic deaths in December 2019 of tourists visiting an active volcano in New Zealand made many people wonder why anyone would want to be that close to an active volcano. Those who attempt risky activities have an adrenaline-driven reason, but anthropologists think they may have another … it’s in our genes – or at least in the genes of anyone who has some Neanderthal DNA in them. Researchers studying the Devil’s Footprints on the side of the now-inactive Roccamonfina volcano in southern Italy have determined that a) the footprints don’t belong to the devil (no hoofprints), b) the footprints may actually be going up to the top, not running away from the eruption, and c) the footprints may belong to Neanderthals.

Full story at site

"Those who attempt risky activities have an adrenaline-driven reason, but anthropologists think they may have another … it’s in our genes – or at least in the genes of anyone who has some Neanderthal DNA in them."

I think it has more to do with the constant airing of TV shows and movies that show people doing such dangerous things as if it were all fun & giggles. Monkey see = monkey do.

Reactions: Debi
I didn’t find an explanation in that article just a theory. It doesn’t make sense to me and is still a mystery.

the footprints don’t belong to the devil (no hoofprints)

Exactly WHY is it that the Devil can only leave behind hoof prints? You would think an entity with that kind of power would have the ability to shapeshift, especially with the millions of reports over the centuries of encounters with Him and Him having no animalistic qualities.

I believe humans have been around a lot longer than our "scientists" assert.

Reactions: Lynne
I believe humans have been around a lot longer than our "scientists" assert.

Modern day humans, I would guess around a hundred thousand years. Earlier humanoid species, homo habilis, homo erectus, and Neanderthals were here for millions of years prior. Homo sapien is what we have now. As for what's coming next, I have no clue. When we have wiped out all species on this planet except for bacteria, the world will restart itself in a few hundred million years.