Voice in her head saved her

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What do you think that voice was?

279732770_8148831861801100_1088843452533529559_n.jpg

We are all more than the sum of our physical parts. I have had a voice in my head save me from a few different car accidents, I was not the driver in any of them. The first I was a teenager, riding shotgun in my mom's van with the other 6 siblings in the back. We were on a 4 lane street that we always took to get to the highway to go home. There were side streets but it was almost out of town, not any tall buildings, just houses a few blocks away. I was daydreaming when I felt something pull my attention to a car 3 blocks north and still a couple of blocks west (the direction we were heading). The car was going fast and I knew it would not stop at the stop sign. I just told my mom "look out for that guy, he is not going to stop." She was also daydreaming, I think. She jumped and took her foot off the gas, which slowed us enough that the car just flew past us missing us by a small bit as it flew across the intersections.

Another time I was with a friend in her volkswagen bug. We were coming back from the mountains, driving through the village when I saw a car that looked like it was parked by the small grocery store. The voice in my head said "that car is going to pull out." I told the driver to watch out for that car. She took her foot off the gas and slammed on the brakes just as the car pulled out in front of us. If she had not braked we would have hit that car.

When i got t-boned by a truck in my mini van (yes, mini van lol) they sent me across two lanes of traffic. The whole thing was a blur, but all i remember was 'turn the wheel...hit the brakes'. When i stopped, i was parallel parked between a concrete wall and a cafe.

• Wow
Reactions: garnetsilver