Visit to ECETI Ranch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to visit James Gilliland's ranch this past weekend. The countryside is beautiful out here. It is just south of Mt. Adams in Washington State. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. Friday night rained, but I diligently stood watch in the field. The cloud cover and rain prevented seeing much above. Some of us saw some fleeting lights, but nothing extraordinarily remarkable. Then Saturday night was even more stormy. I have six leveling legs on my trailer, and it was blowing so hard that the trailer was rocking side to side! It was so cold and rainy I did not even venture out that night. I had positioned the trailer so my bedroom was facing the viewing area however, so I did watch from the comfort of being inside.

The folks were very nice. I saw James, but did not get a chance to meet him. He had a large group of Japanese tourists visiting, and I did not want to take away from their time. I hope to go back when the weather is better and do more exploring. They have two vortices on the property, and some other "special" areas. One area they said to be sure not to park near, as batteries often go dead. That's about it, I wish I had more to report, but maybe next time!

Nice Roy, too bad about the weather but like you say, maybe next time. I really want to make the trip out there to have a look at what is out there. Did you have to pay anything there at all? What about camping fees?

Nice Roy, too bad about the weather but like you say, maybe next time. I really want to make the trip out there to have a look at what is out there. Did you have to pay anything there at all? What about camping fees?
If you just go visit each night and stay somewhere else locally, I think the suggested donation is $10 per night. If you camp on site the suggested donation is $25 per night. It is dry camping with no hook-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.