Virgin Mary appears on church window

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Image On Church Window Resembles Virgin Mary, Draws Throngs Of Spectators

What some are chalking up assimply a “faulty coating” has others believing that a divine phenomenon has touched the window of one local church — along with the hearts of its parishioners.

That’s because an image that bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary seems to have appeared on a portion of glass at the Transfiguration Catholic Church in Marietta, bringing throngs of onlookers eager to see what some believe to be a Christmas miracle.

Father Fernando Molina-Restrepo posted a photograph of the window on Facebook this week and explained that image appeared on December 12, which is also the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. He wrote that many are offering their own interpretations of how the foggy figure formed, perhaps the pane’s coating reacting to a mixture of the outsideelements , though there are plenty of spectators who are happy to point to their faith as the true cause.

Parishioner Victor Jose Alvarado, who was at the church when the image first appeared on the window inside Bishop Hall, told CBS Atlanta it was one of the most “wonderful experiences” he’s ever had, and shared a photo he took with us.

Alvarado described his experience on Facebook: “We started praying and singing songs to the Virgin Mary of Guadalupe, and immediately started feeling peace and the smell of roses!!! We just finished having lunch when someone noticed a very bright sun ray and in front of our eyes her image starting to appear in the window.”

12376456_1111341782234120_3821798494690370291_n.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________-
I never scoff at how the Divine enters the world.

I wish the Fatima incident occurred today to see what really went down during that whole ordeal. This one doesn't strike me as holy.

As a Catholic turned agnostic these stories chill me a bit.

Reactions: Debi