Vintage UFO photos

Lots of classic UFO photographs in that group, can remember seeing them as a youngster in the late 60s/early 70s. In 1967, "Look" magazine did a special issue full of UFO photos, including many in the linked collection above. I wish I had kept my copy.

51Xw9fjtz4L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Reactions: jadamz and Debi
Cool pics. Less likely to be fakes.

Cool pics. Less likely to be fakes.

There were plenty of faked UFO photos prior to the introduction of the internet and computer graphics editing software like Photoshop. In those cases, the pictures were real, the objects/lights photographed were physically, not photograghically, faked. One of the best known fakes was that produced by two brothers from Michigan, Dan and Gram Jaroslaw in the mid 1960s. Their photos (see below), taken of a model they handcrafted and hung from a tree, fooled many "experts", including Hynek. To this day you will find their photos used as examples of UFO photographs.
0093ff1e3300417abe9e5948a1b2b216_1d3a8a60b2f440359d967db7ad0f1a08_1_original.jpeg.jpg

The Gulf Breeze photos from the mid/late 1980s were also photographs of a model.

Reactions: Paulm
There were plenty of faked UFO photos prior to the introduction of the internet and computer graphics editing software like Photoshop. In those cases, the pictures were real, the objects/lights photographed were physically, not photograghically, faked. One of the best known fakes was that produced by two brothers from Michigan, Dan and Gram Jaroslaw in the mid 1960s. Their photos (see below), taken of a model they handcrafted and hung from a tree, fooled many "experts", including Hynek. To this day you will find their photos used as examples of UFO photographs.View attachment 17891

The Gulf Breeze photos from the mid/late 1980s were also photographs of a model.
wasn't there another that after a few years was determined to be a hubcap off of an old buick that was just thrown like a Frisbee....lol...sometimes those are actually harder to disprove because no manipulation can be detected...they are "real" objects, so to speak.

Reactions: Duke
wasn't there another that after a few years was determined to be a hubcap off of an old buick that was just thrown like a Frisbee....lol...sometimes those are actually harder to disprove because no manipulation can be detected...they are "real" objects, so to speak.

Friends relish memory of 1967 UFO hoax

I think you mean this one. There was also at least one hoax using a pie tin in the same way.

Reactions: Paulm
Friends relish memory of 1967 UFO hoax

I think you mean this one. There was also at least one hoax using a pie tin in the same way.
yep. I do think that was it...lol....that site stated that the hoax only lasted a day, but that pic made the circulations for a few years after... I remember seeing the pic in quite a few mags and articles throughout the 70's...... good find btw..

Reactions: Duke