Vietnam War Rock Apes Video

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score

This is a video by respected military historian Mark Felton. He made the video at the request of SEA veterans who wanted an unbiased look at the Bigfoot type creature reported by US forces in Vietnam. Keep in mind, Felton is a historian, not a crypto hunter/enthusiast.

Edit: Correct video in post #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting and highly credible as it was presented.

Having had both an interest in the paranormal and military history from a young age, I had wondered even back then if soldiers in Vietnam had ever encountered anything like BF. The density of the rain forest and its sheer unexplored remoteness made it seem as likely a place as any. But it's only been within the last 20 years or so that I recall hearing about these actual encounters.

Last edited:
Very interesting and highly credible as it was presented.

Having had both an interest in the paranormal and military history from a young age, I had wondered even back then if soldiers in Vietnam had ever encountered anything like BF. The density of the rain forest and its sheer unexplored remoteness made it seem as likely a place as any. But it's only been within the last 20 years or so that I recall hearing about these actual encounters.

Felton is a class act. If you are a military history buff, he has dozens of videos on his YouTube channel I'm sure you would enjoy. He's also written a number books.

I first heard about the SEA rock apes back in the late 80s. I worked with a retired FAC pilot who saw one of them from his O-2.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
interesting that all the old stories described them with having tails. doesn't fit the modern bigfoot description, I say modern because most descriptions of them now are more bigfoot like, is this just the bigfoot community changing them to fit their needs?... the B.F. stories have changed drastically over time, from a violent being to now being a gift leaving docile forest dweller, form having a bad smell to now not seeing that description very often, that community has muddied up the waters so much its hard to find the real unaltered stories anymore.....but, this could be a yet to be discovered primate of some type, either the first great ape species with a tail or an oversized monkey species.

Reactions: ozentity and Duke
I find these creatures to be to be more probable than other big cryptid primates on continents with no evidence of them evolving there or close by,as in the US and Oz.

Reactions: Paulm
interesting that all the old stories described them with having tails. doesn't fit the modern bigfoot description, I say modern because most descriptions of them now are more bigfoot like, is this just the bigfoot community changing them to fit their needs?... the B.F. stories have changed drastically over time, from a violent being to now being a gift leaving docile forest dweller, form having a bad smell to now not seeing that description very often, that community has muddied up the waters so much its hard to find the real unaltered stories anymore.....but, this could be a yet to be discovered primate of some type, either the first great ape species with a tail or an oversized monkey species.
I think there are probably different species of them. They developed and evolved to fit their environment. Tails in a jungle area would aid in survival. Just like being white would help a yeti to stay hidden in show. I think size, color and temperament are geographically related. Just like humans differ with nationality. This isn’t a huge jump for me.

Duke thanks got this video. I had heard of these creatures but this was a lot of detailed info in a short video. I loved seeing the old clips too.

Reactions: Paulm