Veterans Day...We honor those who served

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
How Armistice Day became Veterans Day

We honor all of you that have served our country. I know we have several vets here on site, and to all of you, thank you for your service. Stand up and be counted today. Tell us where you were stationed and what branch of the service you were in. Let us pat you on the back and shake your hand today.

veterans-images2.jpg

Those who are not vets, please feel free to leave a message for those who are.​

How Armistice Day became Veterans Day

We honor all of you that have served our country. I know we have several vets here on site, and to all of you, thank you for your service. Stand up and be counted today. Tell us where you were stationed and what branch of the service you were in. Let us pat you on the back and shake your hand today.

veterans-images2.jpg

Those who are not vets, please feel free to leave a message for those who are.​
Amen.

Reactions: Donna K. and TonyM
I am going to leave this here, to those who might find value in it. It is a channel, started in July 2014, which followed the Great War in real time, 100 years later. As I expected, they released their final episode today, officially closing out the project (some special material will be released subsequently). It had what was - to its fans and supporters - quite possibly the most poignant, bittersweet closing achievable, in only one sentence.

The Great War

At 225 weekly episodes and nearly 200 more specials, it's not for the faint-of-heart. For those of you with time constraints or who would bypass it for any number of reasons, I'll leave this instead, in memory of all those who never came home.

Reactions: Debi
Ronin, I did a four-year study of World War I. There were a lot of books under the bridge in the past 4 years. A friend of mine is a Purdue University history professor and he guided me.
I'll check out the videos thank you.

Reactions: Debi
Ronin, I did a four-year study of World War I. There were a lot of books under the bridge in the past 4 years. A friend of mine is a Purdue University history professor and he guided me.
I'll check out the videos thank you.
Thank you for serving. I didn't have the temperament or maturity when I looked at doing so 30 years ago, so I respect those who could hack it. It means a lot to me that people like you kept me free to be a smartass.