Very odd sleep paralysis (SP) episode

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
You all know how it is. Youre either just falling asleep or just woke up, and you can’t move. Usually your imagination (or something else) takes over and you see some terrifying thing poking over you, sitting on you or straight up trying to choke you. Once you manage to shake out of it, the apparition is gone that instant, and you realize that episode was seconds long at most but it felt like minutes.

A few nights ago I had something a little different. I wake up not quite aware of where I was. Kind of in a hazy atmosphere. And I see a man wearing what looked like a black robe on fire. And he was marching straight for me like he was going to do me in.

I manage to shake myself out of it almost the instant I realized What was happening because oddly My fight response was stronger than being unable to move. (It’s doable but takes some serious mental training to pull off)

What didn’t make sense was once I shook myself awake, and was sitting upright in bed, I still saw the apparition a whole second after snapping out of the paralysis.

Was this a SP episode or was this just something that woke me up and kept coming for me for whatever reason it had?

It could have been an entity communicating with you in the delta phase of sleep, maybe your brain stayed in that phase for a bit longer after u woke up. Just guessing here. I’d have wet myself. How did you handle it? You have discussed having psysic abilities could it have been this? A vision ? Did you get any mental messages? Probably a silly question because I’d be in Alaska by now lol. Sorry this happened to you.

Reactions: Debi
It could have been an entity communicating with you in the delta phase of sleep, maybe your brain stayed in that phase for a bit longer after u woke up. Just guessing here. I’d have wet myself. How did you handle it? You have discussed having psysic abilities could it have been this? A vision ? Did you get any mental messages? Probably a silly question because I’d be in Alaska by now lol. Sorry this happened to you.
How do I handle it? Try hyperventilating for a minute :eek:

About the delta wave phase, aren’t delta waves from the sleep stage with no dreaming? Interesting theory though

Do remember anything before you woke up? Speaking of sleep, I had one of the worst dreams of my Life last night. I haven't been sleeping good at all lately.

Strange question, but do you use "imaginary" mental attacks similar to InuYasha or Bleach to visually fight things like that? I've discovered that works very well for me.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Do remember anything before you woke up? Speaking of sleep, I had one of the worst dreams of my Life last night. I haven't been sleeping good at all lately.

Strange question, but do you use "imaginary" mental attacks similar to InuYasha or Bleach to visually fight things like that? I've discovered that works very well for me.
In these states I can get lucid, and unlike some people who in their dreams can’t make a sound when they scream, I can shout like it’s nothing. I did that In a dream once and this deformed zombie looking demon came running for me.

Other times I’m able to engage in dialogue in my dreams like it’s nothing

This night I was in a panic state so even if I could, I really couldn’t fight because of the flight response.

Questions like that aren’t strange here :p good to have you back Taliesin!

How do I handle it? Try hyperventilating for a minute :eek:

About the delta wave phase, aren’t delta waves from the sleep stage with no dreaming? Interesting theory though
Yes. I was thinking your brain was still in that mode since you had just woke up.

Yes. I was thinking your brain was still in that mode since you had just woke up.
Maybe. It’s usually during REM sleep that paralysis kicks in. I believe that’s when you’re in theta stage.

Funny thing is serotonin is supposed to flood your body when you sleep so you don’t act out your dreams or even talk. But I sleep walk because the serotonin didn’t kick in yet, but for some reason it can’t flush out of my system quick enough to stop SP. Makes no bloody sense to me

Maybe. It’s usually during REM sleep that paralysis kicks in. I believe that’s when you’re in theta stage.

Funny thing is serotonin is supposed to flood your body when you sleep so you don’t act out your dreams or even talk. But I sleep walk because the serotonin didn’t kick in yet, but for some reason it can’t flush out of my system quick enough to stop SP. Makes no bloody sense to me
Determining if what your seeing is real is the problem. Is it there and you can see it because of your brain state or is it just a dream. Not being able to move is terrifying.

Reactions: 7Critter
Determining if what your seeing is real is the problem. Is it there and you can see it because of your brain state or is it just a dream. Not being able to move is terrifying.
Paralysis wore off pretty quick this time. Idk if it was real because I saw this thing walking toward me in what looked like desert sand.

And this desert I saw was actually my wall (I’m usually facing the wall). And my wife didn’t see anything.

Reactions: Lynne