Vacation Experiences

Vibe-Feeler

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
So I just returned today from vacationing in a tiny farm town called Steynsburg in the Eastern Cape with my fiancee. To give a little bit of history, the town dates back to around 1872 and has almost stayed frozen in time since the 1910s as most of the houses there are between 80 to 100 years old if if not more. We were staying with my fiancee's parents and the original house on that property was in excess of 100 years old. Unfortunately that house was destroyed in a fire a few years ago but there is another (much more recent) structure that was separate from the house and was unharmed, so they reside in there now next to the house. During the visit we got talking about the paranormal and apparently that property has experienced one murder and my fiancee's mother claims one corner of the property has a very strong energy surrounding it and she's even seen apparitions there.

The first experience during our visit was not my own but my fiancee's mother who experienced the event. This was on the second day of us staying there, and me and my fiancee went for a walk to the shops in town. I had placed my shoes I wore on the trip there on top of a cabinet in the room we slept in (because whatever gets left on the ground becomes a chew toy for the dogs). While we were gone, my fiancee's mother walked into the room and one of the shoes flew off the cabinet. Her exact words were, "it didn't fall off, it FLEW off. And it was only the one shoe, not both."

The second last day of our visit, we were all sitting in the open-plan kitchen/dining room eating and chatting that evening. Suddenly one of the kitchen cupboard doors swings open with considerable force. I saw the whole event and when I looked at everyone else (no one seemed to notice), my fiancee's mother was already looking at me and said she also saw it and was convinced something was there. After eating I went and investigated the door and it would take a very strong gust of wind or something to pass through to open that door in the manner it did. I also found out that those cupboard doors came from the original house as they survived the fire and were placed on a secondhand cabinet now used in the current kitchen.

Wow vibe, nothing like a little poltergeist activity at the future in-laws to spice up your vacation. Congrats on the engagement. It’s nice seeing you around again.

Vibe, how did this activity make you feel? Did this ghost make you feel like it could be dangerous or evil? Did you give any advice to the mother in-law on how to get rid of these ghost?

Reactions: Lynne
Vibe, how did this activity make you feel? Did this ghost make you feel like it could be dangerous or evil? Did you give any advice to the mother in-law on how to get rid of these ghost?
It didn't feel threatening and my mother-in-law wasn't phased by it. She's quite experienced with the paranormal so she knows a few methods for removing unwanted spirits if need be

It didn't feel threatening and my mother-in-law wasn't phased by it. She's quite experienced with the paranormal so she knows a few methods for removing unwanted spirits if need be
Have things quieted down lately Vibe. It’s good to see you here. Hope you have more time to stop in.