Updates from my workplace...

RoseRed

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Hi all, here's an update on my work situation. It has been quiet for a while but things have started happening again.

FIrstly, the phones are completely haywire. They keep being fixed (by professionals) but only days later they'll start playing up again. By playing up, I mean people will get calls from empty rooms. Or, I will get a call from reception but when I call back to ask what they want (because I couldn't answer it when it rang) they sound baffled and say they didn't call me.

Now, we seem to be having more sightings of the actual entity/apparition too. When I first started there, I saw the tail end of what I thought was a person, but when I rounded the corner after her (we think it's female) there was no one there. One colleague had previously reported seeing another colleague walk into one of the side rooms. She needed to ask her something so she followed her in, only to find the room was empty.

All of that was happening prior to our big renovations and then it all came to a head in one week and ended spectacularly with "Mudgate". If you're not familiar with this story, it should be a few threads down called "More goings on at my haunted workplace."

After that, things went completely silent and have been that way for weeks.

However, as I said, the phones have started playing up again, and yesterday I was told that another person (reliable, sceptical type) also recently saw their colleague in that same side room and went in to speak to her. Again, when she went in, she was shocked to find the room was empty.

The weird thing there is that both times, the person seen in the room was mistaken for one of our actual colleagues who is very much alive!

Also people have been reporting that things are being moved around. They'll leave some equipment somewhere and they'll go back in moments later to find that it's in a different place.

Things are also breaking at an alarming rate. A big, crucial piece of equipment broke down last week. The following day, the balustrade on the main staircase fell apart. Yesterday something a colleague and I were both using literally fell apart in my colleague's hands (and this is quite new equipment). Almost every day something breaks or malfunctions. I've never worked anywhere with so many problems. I know it's an old building but we keep having things replaced and fixed and STILL things keep breaking - I wouldn't believe it at all if I hadn't witnessed it myself.

There are probably lots of other things that I've missed out because when things happen there, it's ridiculous. I can't keep count of how many things happen just in one day.

I'll leave it there for now and keep you updated if anything else happens...

Wow, Rose. Did this just start up again out of the blue? Really curious as to why, whatever It is, it's appearing as a co- worker? That's abit creepy. I've had the 'items falling apart in your hand' so i know exactly how disturbing that really is. It may be time to let this thing know it is not welcome especially if it's intent is to mimic. I may be way off, but it almost seems like that's what it's doing. If it is not payed attention to, it then starts breaking things. Very childlike behavior...though i don't get that vibe at all. I hope this situation works out for you and your coworkers Rose before things take a next step.

Wow, Rose. Did this just start up again out of the blue? Really curious as to why, whatever It is, it's appearing as a co- worker? That's abit creepy. I've had the 'items falling apart in your hand' so i know exactly how disturbing that really is. It may be time to let this thing know it is not welcome especially if it's intent is to mimic. I may be way off, but it almost seems like that's what it's doing. If it is not payed attention to, it then starts breaking things. Very childlike behavior...though i don't get that vibe at all. I hope this situation works out for you and your coworkers Rose before things take a next step.
Yes, it seems to have started again out of the blue. I was unaware of some of the latest events as I'm only there part time, but a colleague filled me in yesterday.

As for things breaking all the time, that just seemed to be par for the course for that place. It's been happening in fits and starts since I first started there. For example, there's ongoing flooding in the basement and a leaking roof that's been "fixed" multiple times, but it continues to leak. I had always just put it down to it being a Victorian building...

Apart from the phones behaving weirdly and a light that seemed to come on by itself, I didn't really equate all the other breakages and problems to anything paranormal, until yesterday. It seems to happen in intense waves of activity where numerous things go wrong in a very short space of time. This last week and the week before were particularly bad, which has led me to start wondering if it's all connected to the entity instead.

The mimicking thing does seem sinister, yes. Until then, I think we had all viewed the entity as a harmless female ghost; perhaps the spirit of the woman who used to work there but who died tragically young. But now I'm beginning to wonder. Also, I just remembered, said co-worker (the one being mimcked) has been behaving oddly in the last few days as well...

Don't get me wrong - I love working there. I've never been so happy in a workplace in my life. The people are wonderful and the building has a generally friendly vibe. However, I would NOT be happy to be alone in the building, especially at night, and there is one room in the basement where I will NOT go. This is the room that floods. It's a very creepy area and I've never ventured into it because it scares me.

As for telling the entity it isn't welcome, that's a good idea, Selectric. I'm just not sure I can persuade the manager to do it! Maybe if things take a more sinister turn she will be convinced to do something about it. Not that she doesn't believe it - she was one of the ones who witnessed the light turning on by itself. She also set up the camera in my room to try to catch any "activity" following "Mudgate". It's just that it might be a step too far for her to actually be seen addressing something paranormal! We'll see...

Reactions: garnetsilver
Also, I just remembered, said co-worker (the one being mimcked) has been behaving oddly in the last few days as well...
Hmmm. Is this person always present when things go wonky? Not sure if this person worked there before the stuff started, but maybe something is attached to them. If that is not the case, then whatever it is, it certainly has an interest in them.

That kind of stuff always reminds me of the old cartoons where a starved person looks at another as a hamburger or hot dog lol. It's not far from the analogy. These things are starved of energy or what-have-ya. We are morsels just waiting to be fed on. Scary damn thought.

Hmmm. Is this person always present when things go wonky? Not sure if this person worked there before the stuff started, but maybe something is attached to them. If that is not the case, then whatever it is, it certainly has an interest in them.
There was activity before she started working there as she started quite a bit after me, so she definitely didn't bring it in with her... She is one of the youngest, being only just turned 20.

She has witnessed some of the goings on, certainly, but hasn't been present for all of it. It seems to happen to each of us at random times, sometimes with more than one witness present (such as the light coming on, which was witnessed by 3 people at the same time). Other times, it's just individuals. But most of our 15+ strong workforce has seen, heard or felt something, even if they are sceptics.

Reactions: Selectric
That kind of stuff always reminds me of the old cartoons where a starved person looks at another as a hamburger or hot dog lol. It's not far from the analogy. These things are starved of energy or what-have-ya. We are morsels just waiting to be fed on. Scary damn thought.
That is a very scary thought indeed! It's just weird that, at first, it seemed to present itself as friendly and harmless. I didn't think they could do that if they were evil or dark in nature. I thought if it was something evil or dark, it would immediately be fairly obvious because it would engender feelings of dread, give off a rotten smell or generally lend the building an unpleasant atmosphere. But none of that has been true. Apart from the basement and that one room, the building feels pleasant, light and airy (notwithstanding all the weird stuff that happens!).

She is one of the youngest, being only just turned 20.
That explains the odd behavior lol. Most of the younger folks tend to be on a different level than us 'older' folks. Either way, hope the thing doesn't latch onto her. Keep an eye on her behavior. Having someone that understands this stuff could benefit her IF that's the case. If your boss would be creeped out by trying to have the thing leave, try your own space(s) there. You have authority to claim your space. Who knows, if you can regulate it, maybe it'll catch on.

That is a very scary thought indeed! It's just weird that, at first, it seemed to present itself as friendly and harmless. I didn't think they could do that if they were evil or dark in nature. I thought if it was something evil or dark, it would immediately be fairly obvious because it would engender feelings of dread, give off a rotten smell or generally lend the building an unpleasant atmosphere. But none of that has been true. Apart from the basement and that one room, the building feels pleasant, light and airy (notwithstanding all the weird stuff that happens!).
It depends i guess on what IT is. I get leary when hearing say a 'child' is haunting someone. It is possible for sure, but through deception it can gain access through other means. I don't want to seem over-dramatic, but since reading and trying to understand this stuff better, my instincts have been kicking in full gear. You just get that feeling deep down when you know you are on the right track.

Last edited:
That explains the odd behavior lol. Most of the younger folks tend to be on a different level than us 'older' folks. Either way, hope the thing doesn't latch onto her. Keep an eye on her behavior. Having someone that understands this stuff could benefit her IF that's the case. If your boss would be creeped out by trying to have the thing leave, try your own space(s) there. You have authority to claim your space. Who knows, if you can regulate it, maybe it'll catch on.
Haha! Yes, the youngsters are definitely on a plane of their own!

She's always been quite funny, jolly, hard working and reliable - everyone liked her, but in the last few days she's become quite moody and has said some things that aren't true (without going into detail). This seems totally out of character for her. Shockingly, on Thursday, she also pretended to be someone else on our internal chat system, which is potentially a sackable offence. This is SOOO out of character for her!

Hopefully, it'll turn out to just be something personal she's going through and isn't connected to anything paranormal, but it seems very weird to me.

• Wow
Reactions: Selectric