Update on Cuban Audio Weapon

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
New developments in American embassy "sonic attack" in Havana point to audio weapon

New developments in American embassy "sonic attack" in Havana point to audio weapon

By now, you've probably read about how Americans working in the American embassy in Havana, Cuba last year were attacked with a sonic weapon. It's serious business—nobody is quite sure who attacked them or why—but they have been able to identify the sound, which you can listen to here (it goes without saying: don't listen to this super loud on repeat).

Researched just released a report detailing the symptoms of the attack, which range from mental fogginess to irritability and nausea. Considering these symptoms are still prevalent nearly 250+ days after the attack, the sonic exposure looks to be much worse than originally intended. Of those affected, most heard a high pitched grating sound and reported feeling pressure. Almost all required or continue to require treatment long afterward.

Should you worry? Well, most likely not. It's most likely that this was set up in a car outside the embassy and fired from there. Advice within the report states that the longer one is exposed to the sound, the worse the symptoms are, and since many within the building initially felt that it was a singular phenomenon (i.e. "I guess I alone am hearing this awful sound so I'll just deal with it"), they didn't move from the building.

Audio attacks — if you will — aren't new. During the 2010 Occupy Wall Street protests, the LRAD 500x was used to disperse crowds. Sound cannons similar to the LRAD 500x were used on Dakota Pipeline protestors, and in the civilian world there's a popular deterrent called The Mosquito prevents loiterers by emitting a super high-pitched sound that would make you not want to hang out in front of it.

Cuban investigators have dismissed the audio attacks as a mass "mass psychogenic illness" — yet the recently released report has an interesting note that not all those affected knew each other. What appears to have happened was that most everyone in the building heard it, dealt with it in the moment, and later reported it after initial symptoms developed.

The last I heard they were denying the whole thing. This is new.

I hear this all the time. it's called 'tinnitus' :p

whats weird though is this is the exact tone I hear in my ears 24/7.

maybe there is some grounds to say this was purely psychological, unless they've found the physical weapon in question.

I hear this all the time. it's called 'tinnitus' :p

whats weird though is this is the exact tone I hear in my ears 24/7.

maybe there is some grounds to say this was purely psychological, unless they've found the physical weapon in question.
The effects were physical and severe. I don’t know how they had a mass psychological event causing physical disability.

This really trivializes the effects. These people were hospitalized for some time if I remember right. I’m not buying this was an accident if it was a result of their eavesdropping devices! This sounds like a cover up to me. There must be a need for diplomatic reconnection. I don’t recall seeing interviews from any of the victims? Did anyone else?

Reactions: Charleh
This really trivializes the effects. These people were hospitalized for some time if I remember right. I’m not buying this was an accident if it was a result of their eavesdropping devices! This sounds like a cover up to me. There must be a need for diplomatic reconnection. I don’t recall seeing interviews from any of the victims? Did anyone else?
No, I don't recall even one speaking out. Which on it's own is a bit strange.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
No, I don't recall even one speaking out. Which on it's own is a bit strange.
could that possibly be due to the fact most of the victims were likely diplomats? maybe due to their own guidelines they couldn't speak of this for the public record.

Reactions: Debi
could that possibly be due to the fact most of the victims were likely diplomats? maybe due to their own guidelines they couldn't speak of this for the public record.
I think regardless of their job restrictions they’re not being allowed to speek. Just my opinion. This is too delicate of a situation.

Reactions: Charleh and Debi