Update from DW

Google / YouTube has shot themselves in the foot. Worried about their own revenue, they panicked and filtered too many videos. If this isn't corrected, another video service will replace YouTube as a go to site for distributing video content. The money has to be there for another service to succeed and individuals to post.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
What I find weird is the fact that non-controversial channels have been hit hard as well with a 75-90% reduction and many of their non-controversial videos are demonetized. Anywhere from beauty channels, random chit-chat, to automotive channels. YouTube is ensuring they'll become the next generation "MySpace". Many creators thought about leaving after the release of YouTube Red because revenue dropped 15-20%.

It was shared awhile back that YouTube is looking at keywords in the tags, description, title and within the transcription of all videos now. If anything is even remotely deemed controversial they will not allow advertising on that video. This means if an auto transcription was done and the transcription mistakes an innocent word "showed everybody up" for something like "shoot everybody up" that video will be deemed having no adverting value.

I believe Google/Youtube thinks they have a monopoly, and are so ingrained into the culture no competitor can challenge them. They may be right, most users will not search out an alternative.

Dark Waters
36 mins ·
Dark Waters Family, As you all know i'm a strong believe in prayer. I would like to request that your prayers are sent to the big man above for a few of our Family members. Tracy was involved in an accident and Is out of ICU, but please pray for a speedy recovery. Also for Officer Sanchez, lets us pray that he is able to overcome the most recent diagnosis, and that he walks tall through his challenges. I love you all and Thank You

Once again, I thank Dark Waters for the prayers for Tracy.

Reactions: Lynne
Dark Waters
36 mins ·
Dark Waters Family, As you all know i'm a strong believe in prayer. I would like to request that your prayers are sent to the big man above for a few of our Family members. Tracy was involved in an accident and Is out of ICU, but please pray for a speedy recovery. Also for Officer Sanchez, lets us pray that he is able to overcome the most recent diagnosis, and that he walks tall through his challenges. I love you all and Thank You

Once again, I thank Dark Waters for the prayers for Tracy.
Done. Also DW did great job on MITD last week!

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Dark Waters
8 hrs ·
The next set of Stories I release will be my best work ever created. Afterwards I will be gone until Halloween. After Halloween I will be retiring from You-tube to focus on a something more profitable from a time perspective. These stories will not be monetized allowing me to create the work that I really want to. These are the the best of what I have and will be no holds bared. Love you Dark Waters.

Reactions: 7Critter
I did not see this on his sight. Wonder if I'm not in the right place. I checked DW H2O and H2O1.
Sad I enjoyed his work.