Uninvited Guest

Iamgumblia

Reaction score
So I've always enjoyed working the weekend shift because shopping in the week days were more enjoyable since the number of people actually at the malls and stores were small compared to the weekend. Of course, this was all before the Coronavirus. Plus, they pay more at the hospital if you work the weekend shifts but I digress.

Well it was a Tuesday and relatively dead at the mall. i was out shopping with my friend as I am addicted to clothes. I had about 8 items of clothing articles and it was time to try them on. I told my friend to grab some items so we could both go into the fitting room together. Of course being a slow day, there was no worker manning that station so as a customer, you just went inside to try clothes on.

I decided that we would go all the way down to the last stall sections which I later regretted. So I went into my stall and heard my friend get into the stall next to me. We chatted about our daily life across the stalls but then she said "That red dress looks good on you". Now that comment alone wasn't anything to be afraid of but how did she know I had the dress on since I didn't step out of the stall to show her? I could have tried on any of the other clothings instead.

It was at that point that my spider sense turned on. I started cussing in my head because I realized that I was tricked into speaking to a ghost. Somehow it was mimicking my friend and got her voice perfect. This is why I usually don't answer people's questions unless I physically see them. I racked my brain on how to get out safely without alerting the ghost. I also wondered where my friend was.

I decided that I would try and trick it. In my culture if a house is haunted and the spirit is attached to the family, no matter where they move to, the ghost will follow them. In order to get rid of the ghost, they will say out loud that they are going on a vacation and leave all their personals behind. It sucks but they literally start fresh in a new place with nothing just to get rid of the ghost but it works. The ghost will still believe that they family is coming back because all their personal belongings are at the house. Therefore, it doesn't follow them and waits there for the family to come back which would be never. This is one of the reason why I never move into a home where the homeowners left a lot of personal belongings inside. Usually, it means they died there with no relatives willing to clean it out and could still be lurking there or they had to leave in a rush because there was something really wrong with the house that spook them enough to leave their belongings behind.

Anyway, I told the spirit that I would be back and that I needed to grab another clothing to try on. It responded "ok" so I took a deep breath and grabbed my belongings and headed out the stall. All the stalls' doors were open except the stall next to me. It truly looked like someone was in that stall since the door was closed and it wasn't when I first went inside. I hated the fact that I was all the way down at the end and had to walk a long way to get to the exit.

I somehow managed not to run out but walk briskly away. When I exited the fitting room, I actually ran into my friend who came back. She asked me why I was done trying on clothes already since it wasn't that long. I shook my head at her and motion her to follow me. She was confused but did. I remember grabbing her hand and leading her out of that store. When we reached the lobby of the mall, I told her we needed to leave the mall itself. Of course she was upset because she still wanted to shop, but we have been friends for over 10 years and she knew something was up so she agreed.

When we got to the car, I asked her why she wasn't in the fitting room because I was sure she followed me in. She told me that she did follow me in but before we reached the stalls inside the fitting room, she decided to go grab another item she wanted to try on and walked out instead of going inside the stall. When she got her item, a worker had stopped to chit chat with her about signing up for a credit card so she was delayed in going back to the fitting room. Well, I told her what happened in the fitting room and she was shock. We both agreed we wouldn't go back to that store in the mall since something lurked in the fitting rooms.

I had no other issue with this spirit and it did not followed me. For all I know, it's still lurking in the fitting room.

I'm inclined to think it maybe something creepy trying to invade people's privacy.I don't believe a past human spirit would have this agenda.

Reactions: Lynne
So I've always enjoyed working the weekend shift because shopping in the week days were more enjoyable since the number of people actually at the malls and stores were small compared to the weekend. Of course, this was all before the Coronavirus. Plus, they pay more at the hospital if you work the weekend shifts but I digress.

Well it was a Tuesday and relatively dead at the mall. i was out shopping with my friend as I am addicted to clothes. I had about 8 items of clothing articles and it was time to try them on. I told my friend to grab some items so we could both go into the fitting room together. Of course being a slow day, there was no worker manning that station so as a customer, you just went inside to try clothes on.

I decided that we would go all the way down to the last stall sections which I later regretted. So I went into my stall and heard my friend get into the stall next to me. We chatted about our daily life across the stalls but then she said "That red dress looks good on you". Now that comment alone wasn't anything to be afraid of but how did she know I had the dress on since I didn't step out of the stall to show her? I could have tried on any of the other clothings instead.

It was at that point that my spider sense turned on. I started cussing in my head because I realized that I was tricked into speaking to a ghost. Somehow it was mimicking my friend and got her voice perfect. This is why I usually don't answer people's questions unless I physically see them. I racked my brain on how to get out safely without alerting the ghost. I also wondered where my friend was.

I decided that I would try and trick it. In my culture if a house is haunted and the spirit is attached to the family, no matter where they move to, the ghost will follow them. In order to get rid of the ghost, they will say out loud that they are going on a vacation and leave all their personals behind. It sucks but they literally start fresh in a new place with nothing just to get rid of the ghost but it works. The ghost will still believe that they family is coming back because all their personal belongings are at the house. Therefore, it doesn't follow them and waits there for the family to come back which would be never. This is one of the reason why I never move into a home where the homeowners left a lot of personal belongings inside. Usually, it means they died there with no relatives willing to clean it out and could still be lurking there or they had to leave in a rush because there was something really wrong with the house that spook them enough to leave their belongings behind.

Anyway, I told the spirit that I would be back and that I needed to grab another clothing to try on. It responded "ok" so I took a deep breath and grabbed my belongings and headed out the stall. All the stalls' doors were open except the stall next to me. It truly looked like someone was in that stall since the door was closed and it wasn't when I first went inside. I hated the fact that I was all the way down at the end and had to walk a long way to get to the exit.

I somehow managed not to run out but walk briskly away. When I exited the fitting room, I actually ran into my friend who came back. She asked me why I was done trying on clothes already since it wasn't that long. I shook my head at her and motion her to follow me. She was confused but did. I remember grabbing her hand and leading her out of that store. When we reached the lobby of the mall, I told her we needed to leave the mall itself. Of course she was upset because she still wanted to shop, but we have been friends for over 10 years and she knew something was up so she agreed.

When we got to the car, I asked her why she wasn't in the fitting room because I was sure she followed me in. She told me that she did follow me in but before we reached the stalls inside the fitting room, she decided to go grab another item she wanted to try on and walked out instead of going inside the stall. When she got her item, a worker had stopped to chit chat with her about signing up for a credit card so she was delayed in going back to the fitting room. Well, I told her what happened in the fitting room and she was shock. We both agreed we wouldn't go back to that store in the mall since something lurked in the fitting rooms.

I had no other issue with this spirit and it did not followed me. For all I know, it's still lurking in the fitting room.
Well,I guess it was "dead" at the mall! At least the ghost has a sense of fashion! Great story. Interesting info about your culture deals with Spirits..May I ask where you are from?

I loved it. You wrote up a great story about your experience. I wonder if it was either someone that had enjoyed working there for many years and when they died had just continued on as if they weren't dead. Or might it have been a peeping tom poltergeist?