Unforgettable...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

IF YOU GO ANYWHERE IN PUBLIC, YOU ARE BOUND TO ENCOUNTER WHAT I CALL
"LIFE'S UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS"!
YOU KNOW THE ONES...THE LADY IN WALMART WITH THE STRANGE OUTFIT ON ROLLER SKATES, THE GUY ON THE CORNER WHO CUTS HIS LAWN AT 7 AM, THE KIND PERSON WHO DID SOMETHING YOU SAW THAT YOU'LL NEVER FORGET, OR A PERSON YOU MET ON VACATION WHO MADE SUCH AN IMPRESSION YOU'LL NEVER FORGET THEM!

SHARE YOUR ENCOUNTERS WITH STRANGERS WHO MADE AN IMPRESSION!

Reactions: Paintman
First ones that come to mind were the couple that approached me on boardwalk in AC. They were the ones who asked to borrow my 'tools' to remove a tooth lol. But, i think the one lady we did work for that kept talking about dead people...yeah she tops the cake there. I have never been uncomfortable working on a job except there.

When I used to volunteer at a homeless shelter, there was a young girl I will call her Mary) and her fiance that were unfortunately having to stay there. Something about Mary's way of talking and her general demeanor told me that she might have been on the autistic spectrum. One evening, I was sitting with this girl, her fiance, and some other people in the community room. A woman came storming in, spouting gibberish. A malevolent energy was perceived by both myself and Mary.

I quietly speculated that the woman was being influenced by something of a dark nature. I was a bit nervous as that woman went and sat on the floor, still spouting negativity, swear words, and gibberish. Mary calmly said that the disturbed woman needed to be anointed. I agreed, and reminded her that we didn't have a priest on staff. She replied that if one did the anointing in the name of Christ, that it would work. She then went to her room and got a bottle of essential oil , and proceeded to approach the woman. I watched in fear as Mary drew close, fully expecting the disturbed woman to lash out at her. But from where I stood, all I saw was Mary pausing briefly in front of the woman seated on the floor, and then walking away.

I left shortly after that. The next day I was riding the bus, when I saw that same disturbed woman boarding. I watched her in shock. She spoke pleasantly to the driver, and seated herself. She was clean, and groomed and there was no negative energy around her. That simple anointing, done in perfect faith, had done the trick. That's my story about an amazing person.

Mowing the yard at 7am is small potatoes. I bought my first home in a small, middle class community in the early 80s. My one neighbor was a brash New Yorker, we seldom spoke but I got on famously with his wife and daughter. The guy ran an auto body shop a few miles away.

Early my second summer there, the owner of the auto body shop building sold the property, leaving my neighbor's business homeless. He decided he'd use his two car garage (next to my bedroom window) to continue his work until he could rent and set up another shop. This meant lots of banging and clanging, impact wrenches, and assorted other noises of the auto body world.

That summer was a particularly hot one, and soon he was working in the middle of the night because it was cooler. After a couple sleepless nights, I politely pointed out to him his work was keeping me awake. He not so politely responded he didn't give a damn about my sleep deprivation, telling me he had a business to run. He ended his tirade by inviting me to perform a sex act I'm pretty sure is impossible.

So over the next few days, I filed complaints with the police (noise and creating a public nuisance), the fire department (large volumes of flammable liquid/material in a residential property), the zoning commission (running a business in a residential zoned area), the Ohio EPA (dispensing VOCs into the open air since he was painting without a paint booth), the Ohio Secretary of State (violating his state business license), and the HOA (on general principle.) He became very popular with officialdom soon thereafter.

He wound up facing multiple fines and legal fees, lost his business, got divorced and they sold the house the following spring.

This was not my client in grad school for psychology but I never forgot it. Us students would go to the coffee shop and go over our cases before class. It's always good to have a second set of eyes especially when you're just learning.
There was an older African-American lady that was probably schizophrenic. She would dress up every morning in her Sunday best and sit in her front room , waiting for Arsenio Hall to pick her up. My friend said she was harmless and pleasant. And we wondered if at a certain age those delusions aren't necessarily bad. It could be a very clever coping mechanism in a world that frightened her.

Last year I broke up a potential kidnapping outside of Dick's Sporting Goods at the mall. There was a guy in his 60s dressed up like a skateboard punk. Inappropriate dress at that age. My Spidey Sense went off the charts and I noticed he was following 2 high school or college girls. So I followed him. Making it pretty obvious and trying to unnerve him. He approaches the two girls outside on the sidewalk and says " what kind of stores do they have in this mall ?
"What do you want to buy?"
"Every thing. "
The girls were instantly very suspicious and I got between them and the guy. Saw a car pulling around the corner and just pointed to the girls and said go. That could have been the kidnapping car.

My most memorable customer is a very happy story that takes place in a funeral home. It used to be a big mansion that belong to a department store magnet in Hammond Indiana - a heavy industry city outside of Chicago.
Bill lived there with his son in the upper levels. And I never saw somebody with such a joy of life than Bill. Scottish. In the evening if there was not a wake, he would put on a kilt , pour a big snifter of scotch , and march around this giant mansion playing the bagpipes.
And he was really funny. He had these giant canna lilies out in front. Maybe ten feet tall. I asked how he grew them so big. "A special volcanic ash that regulates the pH of the soil."
" But people suspect it's other things."

Mowing the yard at 7am is small potatoes. I bought my first home in a small, middle class community in the early 80s. My one neighbor was a brash New Yorker, we seldom spoke but I got on famously with his wife and daughter. The guy ran an auto body shop a few miles away.

Early my second summer there, the owner of the auto body shop building sold the property, leaving my neighbor's business homeless. He decided he'd use his two car garage (next to my bedroom window) to continue his work until he could rent and set up another shop. This meant lots of banging and clanging, impact wrenches, and assorted other noises of the auto body world.

That summer was a particularly hot one, and soon he was working in the middle of the night because it was cooler. After a couple sleepless nights, I politely pointed out to him his work was keeping me awake. He not so politely responded he didn't give a damn about my sleep deprivation, telling me he had a business to run. He ended his tirade by inviting me to perform a sex act I'm pretty sure is impossible.

So over the next few days, I filed complaints with the police (noise and creating a public nuisance), the fire department (large volumes of flammable liquid/material in a residential property), the zoning commission (running a business in a residential zoned area), the Ohio EPA (dispensing VOCs into the open air since he was painting without a paint booth), the Ohio Secretary of State (violating his state business license), and the HOA (on general principle.) He became very popular with officialdom soon thereafter.

He wound up facing multiple fines and legal fees, lost his business, got divorced and they sold the house the following spring.
Ok, Bugs, ya made me laugh but you have also convinced me I never wanna tick you off! :eek:

Ok, Bugs, ya made me laugh but you have also convinced me I never wanna tick you off! :eek:
I'm a counter puncher, I never start anything. For the most part, I'm a teddy bear

monster-demon-horror-evil-teddy-bear-3d-rendering-andreas-neubauer.jpg

Good deal Duke. Gotta show these d-hats where they stand lol.

This was not my client in grad school for psychology but I never forgot it. Us students would go to the coffee shop and go over our cases before class. It's always good to have a second set of eyes especially when you're just learning.
There was an older African-American lady that was probably schizophrenic. She would dress up every morning in her Sunday best and sit in her front room , waiting for Arsenio Hall to pick her up. My friend said she was harmless and pleasant. And we wondered if at a certain age those delusions aren't necessarily bad. It could be a very clever coping mechanism in a world that frightened her.

Last year I broke up a potential kidnapping outside of Dick's Sporting Goods at the mall. There was a guy in his 60s dressed up like a skateboard punk. Inappropriate dress at that age. My Spidey Sense went off the charts and I noticed he was following 2 high school or college girls. So I followed him. Making it pretty obvious and trying to unnerve him. He approaches the two girls outside on the sidewalk and says " what kind of stores do they have in this mall ?
"What do you want to buy?"
"Every thing. "
The girls were instantly very suspicious and I got between them and the guy. Saw a car pulling around the corner and just pointed to the girls and said go. That could have been the kidnapping car.
That's awesome Paint. I had two creeps that looked like they were gonna 'jump' my older parents...until they saw me. I made sure they knew as i told them, go ahead and see what happens if you walk in this direction lol. Then even further down the highway, found that was when the creep was sniping people from his trunk. Not your typical drive back from FLA to say the least.