Unexplained Crosses

Alandou

Reaction score
Hey all! This is my first post, so I hope to find some insight here. Yesterday my FIL was buried in Africa. He was a priest in his younger years. He's actually preformed an exorcism. My husband is overseas with the family right now, so it's just me and the kids at the house. Yesterday I saw 1 cross by the light switch. We've been here for 2 years and it's never been there. Today I found several more in the house. They have a chalky or very watered down matte acrylic paint feel to them. There are so many more photos I have of different ones. I've had lots of mixed feedback about this. Thoughts?
20180306_200359.jpg
20180307_131643.jpg
20180307_110108.jpg
20180307_111048.jpg
20180307_170944.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
First, welcome to the forum! You said your FIL was a priest? Many priests and clergy use chalk to put crosses in homes to protect against entities. As he has just passed, this is just the first thought that came to me. Perhaps he is simply giving you a sign.

How old are your kids? Any chance they "helped" with this? (Gotta ask as one must rule out everythng else before assuming a paranormal factor.)

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
welcome to the forum! strange that these only recently showed up. I know from experience, that holy water, or any salty liquid will leave residue just like this on walls. does your husband ever use holy water? maybe he decided to do that while you weren't looking just to take care of you guys. after all you said your father was once a priest with experience in exorcisms. if you lick it and it's salty, then mystery solved as to what it is!

I can say though, if it was a spirit, I wouldn't be worried. if these were left around doors, or even on doors, it's a common warding technique with holy water or similar liquids. could you share some more details possibly? you sure caught my interest with this story!

Reactions: Lynne
First, welcome to the forum! You said your FIL was a priest? Many priests and clergy use chalk to put crosses in homes to protect against entities. As he has just passed, this is just the first thought that came to me. Perhaps he is simply giving you a sign.

How old are your kids? Any chance they "helped" with this? (Gotta ask as one must rule out everythng else before assuming a paranormal factor.)
snap :p

Reactions: Debi

Hi! I did not know that about the chalk. My kids are 8 and 2.5. My daughter has said she has not done this and I do believe her. There are some crosses that are way out of her reach or impossible for her to get to.

Reactions: Lynne and Charleh
welcome to the forum! strange that these only recently showed up. I know from experience, that holy water, or any salty liquid will leave residue just like this on walls. does your husband ever use holy water? maybe he decided to do that while you weren't looking just to take care of you guys. after all you said your father was once a priest with experience in exorcisms. if you lick it and it's salty, then mystery solved as to what it is!

I can say though, if it was a spirit, I wouldn't be worried. if these were left around doors, or even on doors, it's a common warding technique with holy water or similar liquids. could you share some more details possibly? you sure caught my interest with this story!

My husband has been gone over seas for a week and a half now. He's baffled by this. And yes, some crosses are on doors and there's 2 above my daughter's bed.

My husband has been gone over seas for a week and a half now. He's baffled by this. And yes, some crosses are on doors and there's 2 above my daughter's bed.
yup. warding. one thing for certain is you're definitely safe now! and you obviously have friends in VERY high places! or maybe your kids get around when you aren't looking :p

Reactions: Lynne
I wouldn't be too worried at this point, Ala. For the simple reason crosses are always seen as protection symbols when not inverted, and these are not inverted. It's surely an unusual event, and I would also watch for anything else out of the ordinary to happen, but if this is truly paranormal, I think it should be viewed as something of a comfort at this point and more in a spiritual message than anything spooky.

Reactions: Lynne and Aces
yup. warding. one thing for certain is you're definitely safe now! and you obviously have friends in VERY high places! or maybe your kids get around when you aren't looking :p

I'd have to worry that my kids were posessed if they did it lol.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi