Unexplainable events

Danny170700

Reaction score
So I moved out in 2019 to a one bedroom house. Nothing really happened when we first moved in but recently I’ve been feeling very unsettled, we have been noticing things being moved. We experience loud bangs in the night we go downstairs to investigate and discover clocks and picture frames on the floor. One time we found the whole mirror on the floor. I have remote control LED lights around my computer and they have been turning on. We leave for work and we get back and the downstairs light is on but we left during the day. We also hear unknown bangs and voices sometimes too. But nothing compared to what happened tonight. I live in the UK we got home from work and I went upstairs but before I could go upstairs I noticed something on my 3rd or 4th step up. A one dollar bill! We live IN THE UK. It was all scrunched up looks really old but it’s deffo real, I just can’t explain how it got there no matter how much I try think how it got there I can’t. I get the chills now it’s constantly freezing even with the heating on. Can anyone explain this? Or have a reason why there was a ONE DOLLAR BILL on my steps.

Hi Danny. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. How long after you moved into this house did stuff start happening and who is we ? Girlfriend ? Wife ?

My girlfriend, we just live in a little one bedroom house. We didn’t feel any weird vibes when we moved in then maybe a year later it started

Hi Danny and welcome. Oh, I have questions here! First, anyone else in the building? Private home or attached home? Any animals in the house? Wiring issues? Anybody ever use Ouija board or dabble in a bit of occult? Any history in the area of other paranormal activity?

We ask a lot of questions to rule things out for you. We also have a very good investigator from across the pond who knows the buildings and areas over there. titch2k6

My girlfriend, we just live in a little one bedroom house. We didn’t feel any weird vibes when we moved in then maybe a year later it started
Hi Danny, and welcome. Any idea when the house was built? By chance is the house in an area where US forces are/were stationed, say like East Anglia?
What's the date on the dollar bill?

Reactions: 7Critter
Hi Danny and welcome. Oh, I have questions here! First, anyone else in the building? Private home or attached home? Any animals in the house? Wiring issues? Anybody ever use Ouija board or dabble in a bit of occult? Any history in the area of other paranormal activity?

We ask a lot of questions to rule things out for you. We also have a very good investigator from across the pond who knows the buildings and areas over there. titch2k6
Hi thank you, it is an attached home but as far as I know no one is living next door at the moment. We have no pets. And I do have to admit me and my girlfriend have done an ouija board before but it was before we moved into this house. Also something intriguing one of our neighbours on our street said that he saw a woman in black at the top of his stairs not so long back. We live on a communal garden just off a main road. It has been there for over 100 years

Reactions: garnetsilver
Hi Danny, and welcome. Any idea when the house was built? By chance is the house in an area where US forces are/were stationed, say like East Anglia?
What's the date on the dollar bill?
I know my house has been here over 100 years. I have no idea about the US forces and on the dollar bill it says series 2003

Hi Danny and welcome to the forums.

So, the first obvious question for me is where in the UK are you? Certain areas of the country are more prone to paranormal experiences than others for geological and historical reasons. I am in Nottinghamshire myself, just outside of Mansfield.

So, in the field of the paranormal, we have to rule out all explainable reasons for activity before we can look at the unexplainable. It is just the way it is and has to be done, to make a credible case, and not an indication that we do not believe you.

Nothing really happened when we first moved in but recently I’ve been feeling very unsettled

Have you conducted any type of renovations to the house before the start of any noted activity? I really, really hate mobile apps, but download a free EMF app and do a sweep of the house after taking a baseline outside. Note if there are any high readings anywhere, particularly around any of the house electrics. Also, download an app for detecting infrasound (Android Play Store does one called InfraSound Detector that I have on my phone for emergency use) and have a walk around the house for any infrasound generated by faulty equipment, particularly pumps on fridge freezers, boiler, etc. Just ruling out any natural explanations for the feeling of uneasiness.

We have been noticing things being moved. We experience loud bangs in the night we go downstairs to investigate and discover clocks and picture frames on the floor. One time we found the whole mirror on the floor. I have remote control LED lights around my computer and they have been turning on. We leave for work and we get back and the downstairs light is on but we left during the day.

If you can, get hold of, or borrow, a video camera with motion activation and records to SD card and/or notifies your mobile device. A nanny cam is generally a safe option. Put it in any of the rooms that you experience activity in, rotating it between them, or keeping it in the most active area. You need to rule out anyone coming into the house and messing with you. Sounds daft, but has been known to happen to others in the past.

We also hear unknown bangs and voices sometimes too.

Again, unless you have a dictaphone you can use, use your phone to record some of the things you hear and post to this forum for analysis. DO NOT attempt to communicate with anything you believe is in the property at this stage, as we do not know what we could be potentially dealing with and by acknowledging something, you might see an increase in any activity.

But nothing compared to what happened tonight. I live in the UK we got home from work and I went upstairs but before I could go upstairs I noticed something on my 3rd or 4th step up. A one dollar bill! We live IN THE UK. It was all scrunched up looks really old but it’s deffo real, I just can’t explain how it got there no matter how much I try think how it got there I can’t.

Can't give you an explanation for that (I have a similar problem with marbles appearing from nowhere......), but again, you must rule out all possible natural explanations. Again, video recording the internals of the house whilst you are out will prove that nobody is illegally coming into the house.

I get the chills now it’s constantly freezing even with the heating on.

Again, no.1 rule - eliminate all the natural explanations. Do you have double or single glazing? Do you have cavity walls and if so, are they insulated? Is the loft insulated and if so, is it to current standards? Is the heating system working correctly and putting out the correct heat for each radiator? Are there any noted draughts from anywhere in the house?

And I do have to admit me and my girlfriend have done an ouija board before but it was before we moved into this house.

Unfortunately, from a board perspective, this makes no difference. The use of a board can act as a 'spiritual beacon' and people who have used them, especially incorrectly, have been known to experience activity at a much later date for apparently no reason. There is also the possibility of a 'sleeping' (or a dormant) attachment. Do you still have the board and did you move it into the property if so?

If you are a reasonable distance away, I have a CCTV system we can set up for monitoring purposes and if you want an investigation conducted, we can discuss this further. We do not charge anything for our investigations, and if we can't help directly due to your location to us, for example, I have a lot of contacts within other investigative groups who would investigate on our behalf.