Undertaker Paranormal Activity

I grew up living next door to a cemetery, lived there nearly 15 years until I was nearly 19. Never experienced anything paranormal. The cemetery had a reputation for being haunted (aren't they all?) but I never noticed anything.
That's as close as I can come to a funeral home experience, or lack of it.

I hate funerals, hate saying Good Bye. I don't plan on attending my own, when the time comes.
I’m with you on disliking funerals. I go tho for the grieving.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I grew up living next door to a cemetery, lived there nearly 15 years until I was nearly 19. Never experienced anything paranormal. The cemetery had a reputation for being haunted (aren't they all?) but I never noticed anything.
That's as close as I can come to a funeral home experience, or lack of it.

I hate funerals, hate saying Good Bye. I don't plan on attending my own, when the time comes.
I haven't experienced anything paranormal at cemeteries, the spirits have already departed. I do get an oppressing feeling of sadness though, I believe this is left from the mourners. I try and stay away just for that reason.

I haven't experienced anything paranormal at cemeteries, the spirits have already departed. I do get an oppressing feeling of sadness though, I believe this is left from the mourners. I try and stay away just for that reason.
I used to run (now I walk, knees are old) through cemeteries for my daily exercise. I find them peaceful, and far safer than the streets. I've seen some odd things, at least to my mind, on graves, but never anything paranormal.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
On a personal note, I went to visit my mother's grave a few months after she died mostly on a weekly basis. I never experienced anything out of the ordinary, but I could more than feel her presence there. As she did in life, she still had the utmost calming presence even in life. The very first time I felt a gentle breeze blow over her grave and it wasn't even really windy that day. I saw a small group of dragonflies nearby, a single Monarch Butterfly and a hummingbird that flew over her grave - and all happened to be her favorites. But I'll just go on to say that, I wasn't upset for very long when I'd make my visits. She never met a stranger so I don't feel that anyone would be. It stopped after a short while and I think that she just moved on.

Reactions: Duke and ozentity
I used to run (now I walk, knees are old) through cemeteries for my daily exercise. I find them peaceful, and far safer than the streets. I've seen some odd things, at least to my mind, on graves, but never anything paranormal.
I knew the caretaker that lived at a huge cemetery called Rookwood in Sydney. He was a bit psychic and told me the only time he got a bad feeling from the place is when vandals damaged the gravesites.

My university (Univ of Cincinnati) had a working relationship with a local college of mortuary sciences. Their students took academic classes at UC, and were permitted to stay in the dorms. We had two of them on our (mostly engineers) floor my sophomore year, nice enough guys but noticeably different. That's saying something if engineers discerned their lack of social skills and quirky peculiarities.

My university (Univ of Cincinnati) had a working relationship with a local college of mortuary sciences. Their students took academic classes at UC, and were permitted to stay in the dorms. We had two of them on our (mostly engineers) floor my sophomore year, nice enough guys but noticeably different. That's saying something if engineers discerned their lack of social skills and quirky peculiarities.
I bet lol, it’s a special person that goes into that field. Not saying they’re bad but I would guess just different.

Our position as investigators is that there is a social contract between the living and the dead, that cemeteries are their space, a place of peace set-aside from daily human activity. We only go there to bury our dead or reflect on their lives. I'm sure most "residents" have already spiritually departed but who knows for sure? There is a local mausoleum that is most definitely haunted, for example, and evidence has been recorded of activity at graveyards.

For that reason we avoid investigating modern cemeteries unless requested by the owner/management, but will sometimes look into historical, pioneer-era graveyards & cemeteries on our own, especially if they are adjacent to a ghost town. Utah is chock-full of abandoned sites of the Old West, it would take several lifetimes to fully investigate them all.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
I'm sure most "residents" have already spiritually departed but who knows for sure? There is a local mausoleum that is most definitely haunted, for example, and evidence has been recorded of activity at graveyards.
It would be disrespectful to me investigating a cemetery for the relatives left behind. I don't know for sure but the activity is probably not human spirits, more likely a collection of sad emotions left from mourners or something negative drawn to these feelings. This belief is why I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered, unless something unforeseen happens to me.