Underappreciated...

Paulm

** September Member of the Month **
Reaction score
Back when I was in college, I won a $10 bet I could solve a differential equation problem after drinking tequila for an hour. The guy I made the bet with was another engineering student, and he got to pick the problem out of my Schaum's Outline. It took me a while, but I solved the problem and collected my $10.
last drinking bet i had was back in 91 with a hefty girl who bet she could out drink me in a shots challenge....cant remember who won but the "beer goggles" effect set in and i woke up the next morning at her place, but thats a story best suited for another thread..... ah, the good old days....lol

Last edited:

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
last drinking bet i had was back in 92 with a hefty girl who bet she could out drink me in a shots challenge....cant remember who won but the "beer goggles" effect set in and i woke up the next morning at her place, but thats a story best suited for another thread..... ah, the good old days....lol
Sounds like a win-win.

Reactions: Paintman

Paulm

** September Member of the Month **
Reaction score
Sounds like a win-win.
with most drinking challenges winning is questionable from the point of where you stand...... the price the day after is usually not worth the reward of the win...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Paintman and Duke

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
For about 6 weeks we were painting a big Catholic Church that back in its day was going to be the cathedral.
I made up a rule that we are going to keep swear words to a minimum.
And then I learned that my brother could cuss out somebody up and down and inside out and never use one swear word.

Discipline.

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
3a8.png
And that young man displays trigger control and eye control .

That is a special skill that I do not have.

• Haha
Reactions: Lynne and Paulm

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Noticed that Kyle is printing a pistol in the cross draw position.
Not to sound like Daddy Warbucks but a good tailor could fix that.

• Hands Clapping
Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
OP
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Back when I was in college, I won a $10 bet I could solve a differential equation problem after drinking tequila for an hour. The guy I made the bet with was another engineering student, and he got to pick the problem out of my Schaum's Outline. It took me a while, but I solved the problem and collected my $10.
285501260_2243814072442618_8715640577990387935_n.jpg

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I guess the only underappreciated talent came in handy. I can do very basic simple math and keep it in my head , when I give a painting estimate.
That includes when you have to add 30% because one room is very difficult. Take off 10% if it's an easy room to paint. I go walk through some big institutional building with whoever is the boss and look at the job. Number one is to listen to their cares and concerns. ( meanwhile I am figuring out how many men and how many days for each thing)

Then I go back and just count ceiling tiles to get the dimensions. And those two numbers are pretty close.

And I am physiologically incapable of any form of higher math.

• Big Grin
  • Haha
Reactions: Paulm and Debi
OP
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I guess the only underappreciated talent came in handy. I can do very basic simple math and keep it in my head , when I give a painting estimate.
That includes when you have to add 30% because one room is very difficult. Take off 10% if it's an easy room to paint. I go walk through some big institutional building with whoever is the boss and look at the job. Number one is to listen to their cares and concerns. ( meanwhile I am figuring out how many men and how many days for each thing)

Then I go back and just count ceiling tiles to get the dimensions. And those two numbers are pretty close.

And I am physiologically incapable of any form of higher math.
You are far beyond my math level! Now, I can say the alphabet backwards in under 10 seconds, but math eludes me.

Reactions: Paulm and Paintman