Under A Wounded Sky

Black Sundog

Reaction score
I was driving, alone, along a lonely stretch of highway. I was late. It was 11:44, and the sky was darker than pitch illuminated only by rare flashes of lightning. I pull into a gas station, and at the other pump I see someone I know .

I tell him _________ several times-something I cannot at all be certain of.

He looks at me, and seems confused -but finally accepts. We say our goodbyes, and go our separate ways. I drive into the city. It's getting brighter now. There are great cleaves in the cloud cover made by an unseen sword. The sky is wounded. It gives not forth rain or blood, but light best likened to both a pale blue dawn and a red-orange sunset.

I park the car, and get out. I walk through empty streets, and examine a few stickers and flyers left on top of a newspaper dispenser, for a band whose name I dont know. I'm meant to be inside one of those office buildings, but instead I decide I'm not going to work. Instead, I go in another building, climb the stairs and take the rooftop exit.

The rooftop here had been converted into a skatepark -a makeshift playground of rusted metal, made up in graffiti and cleverly put together from whatever could be saved from the trash.

I looked up to heavens, and they seemed to promise EVERYTHING. There was a future under the wounded sky. It signaled infinite potential. Every aspect of life would trend upwards from here, and there were no limitations on how far it could go, right up to and beyond mortal reckoning. It's hard to put into words the unrestrained possibility. It was perhaps the absolutely purest, and cleanest form of Hope imaginable. My body and mind are filled with a splendid vibration from the plucking of a single heartstring by this Hope. I am as well as I could ever be.

I looked out over the rooftop, and saw the gap between that building and the next one over bridged by something made from wooden pallets. Logic told me it could be dangerous...but I wasnt afraid at all. I decided I would cross it, and journey free. But as I take the first few steps, the vibration intensifies, and my body is filled with electricity that surges up my spine, and into the back of my skull. This is where the Astral Cord is supposed to connect the body to the soul.

I am violently shaken awake by a shudder and open my eyes, and recount events seeking to make permanent what I fear may disappear at any moment.

Reactions: amused1 and Debi
That was amazing to read, Sundog. Absolutely outstanding. Thank you so much for sharing!

I was driving, alone, along a lonely stretch of highway. I was late. It was 11:44, and the sky was darker than pitch illuminated only by rare flashes of lightning. I pull into a gas station, and at the other pump I see someone I know .

I tell him _________ several times-something I cannot at all be certain of.

He looks at me, and seems confused -but finally accepts. We say our goodbyes, and go our separate ways. I drive into the city. It's getting brighter now. There are great cleaves in the cloud cover made by an unseen sword. The sky is wounded. It gives not forth rain or blood, but light best likened to both a pale blue dawn and a red-orange sunset.

I park the car, and get out. I walk through empty streets, and examine a few stickers and flyers left on top of a newspaper dispenser, for a band whose name I dont know. I'm meant to be inside one of those office buildings, but instead I decide I'm not going to work. Instead, I go in another building, climb the stairs and take the rooftop exit.

The rooftop here had been converted into a skatepark -a makeshift playground of rusted metal, made up in graffiti and cleverly put together from whatever could be saved from the trash.

I looked up to heavens, and they seemed to promise EVERYTHING. There was a future under the wounded sky. It signaled infinite potential. Every aspect of life would trend upwards from here, and there were no limitations on how far it could go, right up to and beyond mortal reckoning. It's hard to put into words the unrestrained possibility. It was perhaps the absolutely purest, and cleanest form of Hope imaginable. My body and mind are filled with a splendid vibration from the plucking of a single heartstring by this Hope. I am as well as I could ever be.

I looked out over the rooftop, and saw the gap between that building and the next one over bridged by something made from wooden pallets. Logic told me it could be dangerous...but I wasnt afraid at all. I decided I would cross it, and journey free. But as I take the first few steps, the vibration intensifies, and my body is filled with electricity that surges up my spine, and into the back of my skull. This is where the Astral Cord is supposed to connect the body to the soul.

I am violently shaken awake by a shudder and open my eyes, and recount events seeking to make permanent what I fear may disappear at any moment.
I have goose bumps!

Reactions: Debi