Uncle Glenn, The Godfather

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
What with this being Memorial Day, I wanted to say hello, in Heaven, to my Uncle Glenn & Aunt Virginia. Glenn was a combat Navy vet in WW2, pocket destroyer, played a part in that rear guard movement under MacArthur. Like a bunch of men, he came back from that war and just had one heck of a time. Glenn was adopted at an early age by a Baptist family. Then he met Aunt Virginia, bought a Ford Model A, worked at EJ&E Railroad, until they opened up a nightclub, The Zebra Lounge. The man just wanted to dance with his wife. Every single night. Virgie was a looker.:) Glenn kinda was like Cab Calloway in the 'Blues Brothers.' Smooth.:cool:
We went pheasant hunting in central Illinois for many years. One year he had an itch to shoot a Remington 870 in 16 gauge. Kind of hard to find, it's obsolete. A buddy found one for him to use. Happy man.
Still taking care of the families burial flags. When people visit my office, they think I'm an unlucky ...guy. Feel just the opposite.
Debi, The Zebra was on the corner of Main & Broad in Griffith.
Oh, and Uncle Glenn wasn't a blood relative, but that's just how our family has always been.:)

And with that, Paint, may I join you in remembering one of my own...

Schwuchow,%20Gerald%20L..jpg

• Wall Name:GERALD L SCHWUCHOW
  • State: IN
  • Branch of Service: ARMY
  • Panel/Row:14W, 35

It is humbling to read the stories ,and see the faces of those who gave life and limb for this country and its citizens .

Reactions: 7Critter
It is humbling to read the stories ,and see the faces of those who gave life and limb for this country and its citizens .
I second that Grinch. Bless all their hearts. I pray God has a special reward for them all.

Reactions: 7Critter