UN says regulate US guns

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
U.N. Human Rights Chief Says U.S. Needs 'Robust Gun Regulation'

(CNSNews.com) – The United Nations’ human rights chief called on the United States Tuesday to enforce more effective gun control measures in the aftermath of the Orlando terrorist attack, dismissing as “irresponsible pro-gun propaganda” the notion that firearms make societies safer.

U.N. human rights commissioner Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein urged the U.S. government to live up to its obligations to protect citizens from the “horrifyingly commonplace but preventable violent attacks that are the direct result of insufficient gun control.”

“Examples from many countries clearly show that a legal framework to control the acquisition and use of firearms has led to a dramatic reduction in violent crime,” said Zeid.

“In the United States, however, there are hundreds of millions of guns in circulation, and every year thousands of people are killed or injured by them.”

Zeid deplored what he called the ease with which individuals can buy firearms in America – “in spite of prior criminal backgrounds, drug use, histories of domestic violence and mental illness, or direct contact with extremists – both domestic and foreign.”

More at site

Excuse me, but as a gun owner, just WHEN did the UN get the right to tell me what I can and can't own?

the fact that criminals will always find a way to get guns no matter how many laws they make seem to escape law makers. The only thing those laws do is keep the good citizens from defending themselves.

the fact that criminals will always find a way to get guns no matter how many laws they make seem to escape law makers. The only thing those laws do is keep the good citizens from defending themselves.
They just had a government official shot to death in England yesterday...where guns are controlled to the max. Didn't stop the murder.

They just had a government official shot to death in England yesterday...where guns are controlled to the max. Didn't stop the murder.
EXACTLY!!!

Reactions: Debi
Question
Why does the UN instead go after manufactures of weapons of mass destruction ????
They are only a money making machine on both sides of every war !!
Why not eliminate their armed guards and their weapons first ???
Why not set an example ????
ONLY LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WILL BE WITHOUT...
CRIMINALS AND BAD GOVERNMENTS WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT...
(If I were a criminal, with a gun, I would prefer to confront a group or person that I knew had NO weapon...I would NEVER walk into a buisness that had a sign posted saying "EVERYONE HERE IS CARRYING A GUN"...I may be a criminal, but I am not that stupid)
Note
The UN is a waste.....get rid of all those "diplomatic idiots"

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
ISIS had nothing to do with somebody who had been showing signs of being mentally unstable for several years, possibly being on the down-low (he was a regular at Pulse, remember), and raiding an LGBTQ club the night Pride started. ISIS' tactics do not include infiltration, let alone establishing a legend for years at a time.

ISIS has a reputation for claiming credit for all and sundry. They would claim credit for Windows 10 if they thought it would assist their cause.

Oh, and let us not forget claiming allegiance to three separate groups that are sworn enemies of one another. Classic USian logic, to be sure; however, it bears no resemblance to reality in any meaningful fashion.