UFO Sighting- Caught on Camera [Montello WI, June 13, 2021]

DiggerDawg

Reaction score

Seen a video of a similar shape and lights before think it was from south America but cant find it .

This was one of the best catches I’ve ever seen. This guy has a good story on how he caught the pictures and it all seems very believable. He caught some great shots!

Here is another video by the same guy giving an update on the UFO photos he took. I've watched both videos multiple times, but I don't follow his explanation of the event. As I've said before, I'm not a photographer, so maybe my confusion after watching his two YouTube videos is simply my ignorance. If Titch or anyone can explain what I'm missing, please do.

What I understood from the first video was he had his camera set up on a tripod taking a series of 700-800 time lapse (still) photos using a timer. These photos were then combined to create a video. In the second video, he claifies (both verbally and reenacting with his hands) he took the four UFO photos with the camera being hand held and that he missed getting additional photos because he stopped shooting to check his camera setting. Again he reenacted holding the camera and flipping it around to look at the settings and change the focus.

Do those four photos look like they were snapped manually with a handheld camera? Doesn't a camera have to be stationary to take time lapse (long exposure/slow shutter) photos? Wouldn't movement of the camera create blurry images in a time lapse setting? If that's correct, could such blurring of photos of a helicopter or drone create the images he took?

My thinking is this is a drone with a white flood light and a red LED light strip. I tried to find a photo of a drone with both installed, but had to settle for individual pictures showing each.

Drone+Light+LED+2.jpg
2_adeff2a3-29f1-4583-a669-e63b4fc7e1c5_800x800.jpg

Here is another video by the same guy giving an update on the UFO photos he took. I've watched both videos multiple times, but I don't follow his explanation of the event. As I've said before, I'm not a photographer, so maybe my confusion after watching his two YouTube videos is simply my ignorance. If Titch or anyone can explain what I'm missing, please do.

What I understood from the first video was he had his camera set up on a tripod taking a series of 700-800 time lapse (still) photos using a timer. These photos were then combined to create a video. In the second video, he claifies (both verbally and reenacting with his hands) he took the four UFO photos with the camera being hand held and that he missed getting additional photos because he stopped shooting to check his camera setting. Again he reenacted holding the camera and flipping it around to look at the settings and change the focus.

Do those four photos look like they were snapped manually with a handheld camera? Doesn't a camera have to be stationary to take time lapse (long exposure/slow shutter) photos? Wouldn't movement of the camera create blurry images in a time lapse setting? If that's correct, could such blurring of photos of a helicopter or drone create the images he took?

My thinking is this is a drone with a white flood light and a red LED light strip. I tried to find a photo of a drone with both installed, but had to settle for individual pictures showing each.

View attachment 34880
View attachment 34879
yes if shutter speed was sat for long duration would elongate image and give it the 8 port holes .
He also said he didnt think it was a drone sounded like a plain and he owns a drone so should know how it sounds but either way shutter speed has big affect good catch did not see second vid he posted .

Whats your take on this one link

yes if shutter speed was sat for long duration would elongate image and give it the 8 port holes .
He also said he didnt think it was a drone sounded like a plain and he owns a drone so should know how it sounds but either way shutter speed has big affect good catch did not see second vid he posted .

Whats your take on this one link
Couple of points. First, he didn't say it wasn't a drone, he said it wasn't "his" drone. And, while he might know what his drone sounds like, all drone don't sound alike. Some drones are remarkably quiet, especially at a distance and/or with background noise. Besides, he might have heard an actual aircraft that happened to overfly his home at the same time the photos were taken. Turns out his home is only about forty miles SSW of Oshkosh Airport, one of the busiest GA airports in the world during the summer. He also has an ANG base (Volk Field) less than twenty miles to his SW, and a second ANG base (Madison) about sixty miles to his south. Probably lots of air traffic in his area.

I have my doubts about this guy. As I pointed out earlier, his stories about how the photos were taken don't jive. Also I am suspicious of anyone who tries so hard to convince me he's being honest. A case of he "doth protest too much." Click bait for his YouTube channel?

The video you attached is CGI. I remember when that was released, at least a year ago, and it was discredited fairly quickly.

View attachment 34880
View attachment 34879
I took him to mean that out of the 700 time laps shots from his camera he got 4 quick shots of this thing. In other words it was only for out of the 700 that were taken that had the object in it. I don’t think he changed his story to hand shooting the pics.

I took him to mean that out of the 700 time laps shots from his camera he got 4 quick shots of this thing. In other words it was only for out of the 700 that were taken that had the object in it. I don’t think he changed his story to hand shooting the pics.
Watch the follow up video, at about 2:20 he tells about taking the UFO photos. He reenacts taking those photos, clearly "holding" the camera and taking them manually while saying "click, click,click". He then reenacts checking the settings and changing the focus, again clearly going through the motions of holding and flipping the camera to look at the settings/focus.

He changed his story, either purposely or out of confusion due to the excitement of the event. If he took them while holding/moving the camera as reenacted and it was still in the time lapse/slow shutter setting, I think we're looking at blurry photos of a convention aircraft or drone as DiggerDawg explained previously. If the photos were taken with the camera stationary (on a tripod, four out of 700-800 time lapse photos he took that night as he originally explained), I think we're looking at a drone with a white floodlight and a red LED light strip. Whether he knows what he photographed, potentially making this a hoax, I don't know. As I said before I have my doubts about the guy.

I hope he follows through sending the photos (all the photos taken that night) to someone like Mark D'Antonio or Bruce Maccabee for analysis. I hope he doesn't send them to some local yokel MUFON "expert" who will see an alien craft with portholes.

Reactions: Lynne
I have mixed feelings on the video. I read the person more than the object in the sky. This tells me he may be telling the truth, that he did not manipulate the camera shots and is trying to solicit opinions for the object in the sky. Yes, he is defensive on the second video, only (IMO) because he got flamed by some viewers. If he goes to a real pro for analysis, it will add to his credibility.

Reactions: Lynne
Watch the follow up video, at about 2:20 he tells about taking the UFO photos. He reenacts taking those photos, clearly "holding" the camera and taking them manually while saying "click, click,click". He then reenacts checking the settings and changing the focus, again clearly going through the motions of holding and flipping the camera to look at the settings/focus.

He changed his story, either purposely or out of confusion due to the excitement of the event. If he took them while holding/moving the camera as reenacted and it was still in the time lapse/slow shutter setting, I think we're looking at blurry photos of a convention aircraft or drone as DiggerDawg explained previously. If the photos were taken with the camera stationary (on a tripod, four out of 700-800 time lapse photos he took that night as he originally explained), I think we're looking at a drone with a white floodlight and a red LED light strip. Whether he knows what he photographed, potentially making this a hoax, I don't know. As I said before I have my doubts about the guy.

I hope he follows through sending the photos (all the photos taken that night) to someone like Mark D'Antonio or Bruce Maccabee for analysis. I hope he doesn't send them to some local yokel MUFON "expert" who will see an alien craft with portholes.
Excellent detectiive work Duke. When someone changes their story it really muddys the water. They are no longer credible.

I have mixed feelings on the video. I read the person more than the object in the sky. This tells me he may be telling the truth, that he did not manipulate the camera shots and is trying to solicit opinions for the object in the sky. Yes, he is defensive on the second video, only (IMO) because he got flamed by some viewers. If he goes to a real pro for analysis, it will add to his credibility.
I agree he needs to validate his pics now.