News Uber: get a ride and a stalker!

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/social/passenger-gets-cringeworthy-letter-uber-driver-photos

A shockingly straightforward letter sent by an Uber driver to a passenger went viral this week, causing a collective cringe from readers throughout social media.

According to the original poster, the letter was sent to their friend’s sister from an Uber driver she had. With flowers as a bonus gift, the Uber driver expressed his infatuation with the college girl in his letter.

“I have said things in this letter that I have not told anyone else, but I felt somehow you should hear them,” the driver wrote. “I want you to know that if we hit it off, I would work to make your last year at [school name withheld] special. I’m the kind of guy who brings a girl flowers, opens doors for her, and treats her like a princess.”

Still want that Uber ride to the airport? Maybe you end up in a trunk instead!

OH my Lord! Nope, I don't trust that idea of shared rides at all!!!! How do people get in cars with other people they don't know??? Nope...can't be a good thing.

OH my Lord! Nope, I don't trust that idea of shared rides at all!!!! How do people get in cars with other people they don't know??? Nope...can't be a good thing.
I had thought that Uber needed more regulation, but only considered things along the accident liability lines. Maybe a background check should be thrown in too!

Reactions: Debi
I had thought that Uber needed more regulation, but only considered things along the accident liability lines. Maybe a background check should be thrown in too!
You mean they don't even DO that? OMG! No, no, no. Not getting in the vehicle.

You mean they don't even DO that? OMG! No, no, no. Not getting in the vehicle.
I was just throwing it out there, but according to their website they DO perform background checks. So, maybe they should do psych evals too. :p

Reactions: Debi