Two Night Cats

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
As most of you know, my darling cat died on the 4th of last month. She started visiting me a few days after that, bringing me great comfort. Now, nearly every night as soon as I settle down to sleep, she snuggles down near my feet and seems content to stay there. Lately I have thought that she changed her pattern and started wandering all over the bed, which is not cool because I can't sleep.

Last night, I realized that there are 2 cats on the bed; one wanders while Avalon simply rests where she is, or briefly changes position. I am not sure who this other cat is, but dreamed of a gray cat last night as well as my own cat. This raises a lot of questions in me - are these two cats aware of each other? Are they jealous of each other? Most of all, how do I get them to move on? I pray the St. Michael's prayer to keep away negative energy, so that of course won't affect the kitties, but I am not getting good sleep anymore.

When the unknown cat shows up, they put one paw close to me and I start to feel an unpleasant tingling on my skin that is almost painful. Does anyone know what this means?

Reactions: ozentity
As most of you know, my darling cat died on the 4th of last month.

First, let me express my late condolences. I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet. The pain and grief can exceed that of losing a human family member.

But here is my dream interpretation.

If I recall correctly, in one of your previous posts you mentioned wanting to get another cat.

The fact that Avalon continues to appear in your dream means that you have not let her go. You are still hosting her spirit. The unknown gray cat represents your desire to acquire a new cat. That they both appear in the same dream means that simultaneously holding on to Avalon and your sentiment to acquire a new cat are in conflict. This conflict is evident when you come into close proximity with this unknown grey cat and you experience it as an unpleasant physical sensation. Cats are spiritual creatures and have a tendency to appear on their own volition when the time is right. And the time will not be right until you have completely let go of Avalon. And that is what this grey cat is communicating to you in this dream.

The resolution for this conflict is to banish any thought of acquiring a new cat until you have completely set the spirit of Avalon free. You will know that you have set her free when she no longer appears in your dreams. Only then consider allowing a new cat into your life.

Last edited:
Oh, that is amazing, Utlima! That is exactly how I am feeling, but I am still wanting a physical cat to love and hold; it is hard to put off. I guess I am hoping that by having new pets I can be better equipped to let Avalon go. Debi has mentioned what you say as well; that Avalon will stay around as long as I need her to, and in the cat world, she knows that I still miss and yearn for her. Fourteen years is a long time, and she has left a huge void in my life.:confounded:

Oh, that is amazing, Utlima! That is exactly how I am feeling, but I am still wanting a physical cat to love and hold; it is hard to put off. I guess I am hoping that by having new pets I can be better equipped to let Avalon go. Debi has mentioned what you say as well; that Avalon will stay around as long as I need her to, and in the cat world, she knows that I still miss and yearn for her. Fourteen years is a long time, and she has left a huge void in my life.:confounded:
When the same guidance comes twice, it's a message, Garnet. Tonight, tell her you are OK and, like any cat in the physical, tell her to move on to the light.

First, let me express my late condolences. I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet. The pain and grief can exceed that of losing a human family member.

But here is my dream interpretation.

If I recall correctly, in one of your previous posts you mentioned wanting to get another cat.

The fact that Avalon continues to appear in your dream means that you have not let her go. You are still hosting her spirit. The unknown gray cat represents your desire to acquire a new cat. That they both appear in the same dream means that simultaneously holding on to Avalon and your sentiment to acquire a new cat are in conflict. This conflict is evident when you come into close proximity with this unknown grey cat and you experience it as an unpleasant physical sensation. Cats are spiritual creatures and have a tendency to appear on their own volition when the time is right. And the time will not be right until you have completely let go of Avalon. And that is what this grey cat is communicating to you in this dream.

The resolution for this conflict is to banish any thought of acquiring a new cat until you have completely set the spirit of Avalon free. You will know that you have set her free when she no longer appears in your dreams. Only then consider allowing a new cat into your life.
Wow! Good analysis in my opinion.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Yes, I agree Lynne. I feel that if I don't, I will stay stuck in this grieving forever. I want Avalon not to be stuck here either! Today Jim showed me the lock of Avalon's hair that the vet gave him, and it set me off again. I had a stronger bond with her than any other pet I've ever had.

Reactions: ozentity
The pain and grief can exceed that of losing a human family member.
I want Avalon not to be stuck here either!
I had a similar thing with my little jack Russell,the pain of her passing was more than a human passing as Ut says.She was staying around ,I feel to protect me and her dog mates from the snakes that killed her,it was her job,as was your cats job to give you love and comfort.When I sent her over the bridge,that's when the tears flowed,but was beautiful and she left in her high energy,full of life way that was her.I remember you telling me about other things coming through with a loved one,the other cat maybe this.You never forget these beautiful furry friends and they are buried in our heart until we meet again.Get a new cat garnet,there are plenty that could do with a home where they are truly loved.:)

This is how I remember my little warrior.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 164
  • Love it
Reactions: garnetsilver