Twilight Zone vs. Outer Limits

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SCREEN...I AM GOING TO ASK THIS QUESTION. LOL
In the battle for scary, which one was the best?
Which one is your favorite and do you have a favorite episode?

Standby as there will most likely be marathons for both shows coming to your TV screen soon.
maxresdefault.jpg

Outer Limits for me! Some things you might not have known about Outer Limits:

Influence on Star Trek

A few of the monsters from The Outer Limits reappeared in Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek series later in the 1960s. The moving microbe beast in "The Probe" was modified and used as the 'Horta' in "The Devil in the Dark", operated by the same actor, Janos Prohaska. The "ion storm" from "The Mutant" (a projector beam shining through a container containing glitter in liquid suspension) became the transporter effect in Star Trek. The black mask from "The Duplicate Man" was used by the character Dr. Leighton in "The Conscience of the King". The Megasoid from "The Duplicate Man" and the Empyrean from "Second Chance" (1964) were briefly seen near Captain Christopher Pike in other cages in the Star Trek pilot "The Cage".

The process used to make pointed ears for David McCallum in "The Sixth Finger" was reused in Star Trek as well. Lead actors who later appeared in Star Trek's regular cast included Leonard Nimoy, who appeared in two Outer Limits episodes ("Production and Decay of Strange Particles" and "I, Robot"); and William Shatner, who appeared in the episode "Cold Hands, Warm Heart" as an astronaut working on a Project Vulcan. Other actors who subsequently appeared on Star Trek were Grace Lee Whitney (episode "Controlled Experiment") and James Doohan (episode "Expanding Human"). Roddenberry was often present in The Outer Limits' studios, and hired several of its staff, including Robert Justman and Wah Chang, for Star Trek.[8] Michael Ansara, who appeared in the Outer Limits episode "Soldier", guest-starred as Klingon commander Kang in the original and spin-off Star Trek series. Arlene Martel, who appeared in the Outer Limits episode "Demon with a Glass Hand", guest-starred as Spock's Vulcan bride, T'Pring, in the Star Trek original series episode "Amok Time".

It's hard to compare the two. They are both good in their own ways. I am trying to remember if i was ever scared watching Twilight Zone. Outer Limits certainly went different directions and i was exposed less to that show than Zone. May have to go with Outer Limits for the scary.

I can’t speak for the Outer Limits but I’m going with the Twilight Zone. The episode I remember featured Will Shatner shortly before his Star Trek days if I remember correctly. The episode was later remade into part of a film with John Lithgow taking over Shatner’s role.

Twilight Zone... no idea what the title was, but the little girl rolled into the wall and dad had to go in and save her
I remember that episode. They used an adult woman's voice for that of the little girl, which made it kind of hokey.