TV Challenge

Debi I think that those TV show tunes were sort of imprinted on us while we were young and could soak up information and things like a sponge. I caught myself humming the Show Tune to "It's About Time" That was a silly show with Imogene Coca that was only aired for two years ,1966 and 1967. I can also remember the tune that went with Rawhide. It was like the 1812 overture in that it had some rather odd instruments in its selection. Remember the sound of the bullwhips all through the song? That might not be as big as cannons but it was different and added to my perpetual fascination with whips.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
Debi I think that those TV show tunes were sort of imprinted on us while we were young and could soak up information and things like a sponge. I caught myself humming the Show Tune to "It's About Time" That was a silly show with Imogene Coca that was only aired for two years ,1966 and 1967. I can also remember the tune that went with Rawhide. It was like the 1812 overture in that it had some rather odd instruments in its selection. Remember the sound of the bullwhips all through the song? That might not be as big as cannons but it was different and added to my perpetual fascination with whips.
Rawhide is on a lot here at my house so I know the theme well! lol And you are probably right on how we absorbed these.