Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Jimmy Church
23 mins ·
BREAKING NEWS:
TTSA Announces Deal with US Army

Don't shoot the messenger... I'm just reporting the news.

Release from TTSA website:

To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science Announces CRADA with the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command
to advance materiel and technology innovations.

SAN DIEGO — Oct. 17, 2019 — To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science (TTSA) announced today a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command to advance TTSA’s materiel and technology innovations in order to develop enhanced capabilities for Army ground vehicles.

TTSA’s technology solutions, which leverage developments in material science, space-time metric engineering, quantum physics, beamed energy propulsion, and active camouflage, have the potential to enhance survivability and effectiveness of multiple Army systems. TTSA will share its discoveries with Ground Vehicle System Center (GVSC) and Ground Vehicle Survivability and Protection (GVSP) and the U.S. Army shall provide laboratories, expertise, support, and resources to help characterize the technologies and its applications.

“Our partnership with TTSA serves as an exciting, non-traditional source for novel materials and transformational technologies to enhance our military ground system capabilities,” said Dr. Joseph Cannon of U.S. Army Futures Command. “At the Army's Ground Vehicle Systems Center, we look forward to this partnership and the potential technical innovations forthcoming.”

Steve Justice, TTSA’s COO and Aerospace Division Director added that, “This cooperative research agreement brings additional, critically important expertise that is necessary to advance the state-of-the-art in both our near and long-term technology areas of study. While the Army has specific military performance interests in the research, much of the work is expected to have dual-use application in support of TTSA’s path to commercialization and public benefit mission.”

6 Comments1 Shar

Reactions: Benway
I gotta ask....WHY? WHY would the Army WANT to team up with an outside group? WHY this group? WHY do I feel like I'm being led with a leash?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Not as big a deal as it sounds. I worked on a subsystem program managed by the Navy where they had a CRADA with a small company from Bumflop, WV. The idea is the DoD gives these small, independent companies what amounts to seed money to develop a product or technology. The dollar amount is relatively small, meaning the government has little to lose financial but much to gain technically since the government has paid for the development, and therefore the rights, to the technology.

One thing I don't know is if CRADAs can be directed as the result of Congressional plus up money earmarked for a specific business. I'm pretty sure CRADAs are not competed, however. Knowing TTSA is in league with Bigelow, that tells me they have an "in" with the earmark process if it can be taken advantage of for CRADAs.

If I have a chance, I'll call my former Navy colleague to see if he can give me some insight into how CRADAs are awarded.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
What We Know About The Army Teaming Up With Rockstar Tom DeLonge's UFO Research Company

This article claims the material in question is actually the ones owned by Art Bell. Also a LMH connection.

If everything in the article is accurate, it's a win-win for the Army. No money out of pocket except what it costs to analyze the metals, and they get to keep whatever they learn (if anything) for future use. Also pretty smart on the part of TTSA, if anything spectacular is found, will be tough for anyone to question the Army labs.

Like similar cases before this one, I expect the analysis to show the material to be man made or otherwise explainable. I could see a scenario where the Army comes out of this as laughingstock if results show the material to be anything ordinary. Prime opportunity for a politician looking to make a name for himself, and/or someone in ufology wanting to total discredit TTSA at the Army's expense.

Reactions: Debi
I finally had a chance to talk with my former USN colleague who was responsible for the creation of several CRADAs over his career. At my request he read the article (see above) from "The Drive," after which we had a detailed discussion of the CRADA process.

The one thing I was incorrect about is there is no exchange of money, not even seed money as I thought, between the USG and the partner(s) entering the CRADA. A contract, and therefore money, can be awarded after the CRADA is in force, but it would not technically part of the CRADA itself.

He did foot stomp the point I made about this not being as big a deal as it might seem. Depending on the scope of effort defined in the agreements, CRADAs can be approved at a surprisingly low level. In his case, he had very involved CRADAs signed off at the O-6 level, a colonel or Navy captain. He agreed political influence could easily play a role in CRADAs being awarded, considering the level/rank at which they can be approved and the fact no appropriated funds are being spent. He also said in his experience they are never competitively awarded.

The most interesting thing he told me dealt with the releasability of the CRADA to the public. The agreement itself is a public domain document that must be released under FOIA, but the government has the authority to classify any information or deliverables that results from the CRADA efforts. So, if testing/analysis showed these bits are not of this Earth, the Army could stamp the reports "Top Secret" and never release the information. One of the CRADAs he worked did just that, apparently.

His last comment relative to this particular CRADA between the USA and TTSA was whoever approved the CRADA was really putting his career on the line. He speculated it might be someone close to retirement with really nothing to lose. I asked, if that individual was close to retirement, might he benefit from his concurrence with a job offer from TTSA after retiring? "Of course," he replied.

Reactions: Debi
I finally had a chance to talk with my former USN colleague who was responsible for the creation of several CRADAs over his career. At my request he read the article (see above) from "The Drive," after which we had a detailed discussion of the CRADA process.

The one thing I was incorrect about is there is no exchange of money, not even seed money as I thought, between the USG and the partner(s) entering the CRADA. A contract, and therefore money, can be awarded after the CRADA is in force, but it would not technically part of the CRADA itself.

He did foot stomp the point I made about this not being as big a deal as it might seem. Depending on the scope of effort defined in the agreements, CRADAs can be approved at a surprisingly low level. In his case, he had very involved CRADAs signed off at the O-6 level, a colonel or Navy captain. He agreed political influence could easily play a role in CRADAs being awarded, considering the level/rank at which they can be approved and the fact no appropriated funds are being spent. He also said in his experience they are never competitively awarded.

The most interesting thing he told me dealt with the releasability of the CRADA to the public. The agreement itself is a public domain document that must be released under FOIA, but the government has the authority to classify any information or deliverables that results from the CRADA efforts. So, if testing/analysis showed these bits are not of this Earth, the Army could stamp the reports "Top Secret" and never release the information. One of the CRADAs he worked did just that, apparently.

His last comment relative to this particular CRADA between the USA and TTSA was whoever approved the CRADA was really putting his career on the line. He speculated it might be someone close to retirement with really nothing to lose. I asked, if that individual was close to retirement, might he benefit from his concurrence with a job offer from TTSA after retiring? "Of course," he replied.
VERY interesting, Duke. Thank you for taking the time to look into that for us. And now we watch who shows up as the next military guy brought into the TTSA. ;)

Now, what I find disturbing is the government can stamp that info classified. Of course, it's also interesting how some of that gets out no matter what it's stamped.