Truth or Trash Ghost Stories for Halloween Party Friday!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
OK...this is the place to put your Ghost Story for the party on Friday night. The stories can be Truth or Trash, but don't tell us which it is until I ask you and we vote on Friday! Please don't leave comments on the thread...just the stories!

There WILL be a prize awarded for the best tale!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7Critter and Maphoo
Ghost Dog

Last year, I lost my "baby"...my little long haired Chihuahua of 15 years. I was devasted beyond belief, as that little one was my mighty protector and best little friend. She would often follow me about the house and lick my ankle to get my attention. She also liked to burrow under the blankets at night, and would lift the blanket with her nose to dive under the covers.

Two weeks after her passing, I was standing in the kitchen and suddenly felt her licking my ankle! It as so "normal" that at first I just said, "Ok Gracie, I'll get you a treat", before realizing she was gone. I knew I had felt this and was reduced to tears at the memory.

Two days later, I was lying in bed and suddenly the blanket lifted and I felt her go under the covers. Once again, it was brief, lasting only about 10 seconds, but I knew she was letting me know she was alright. I decided it was time I let her go, and told her to go ahead and move on acrosss the rainbow bridge. From that point on, I've not seen or felt her, but I was very grateful for the confirmation that her spirit lives on.

I grew up in Illinois and would often go on vacations with my parents to the beaches and such along lake Michigan, going more often as I grew into my adult years. I took a break from going there between the ages of 18 to 25, seeing a lack of need to go there.( too busy with my friends and work I guess). But I started going back there right after I turned 25, to go to Manitowoc Lighthouse. It's a quaint little lighthouse and nearby hotel and, at the time, I was obsessed with lighthouses.
There are many bluffs next to the highway , giving you a view of the lake just beyond the rocks. As I stared out the window the first time going to that part of the beach, I saw a woman on the rocks. She seemed to have longish black hair and almost a whitish blue dress, as well as her skin just being a pale ivory skin. We passed by her and I turned my neck back to see her and she was gone. I asked my wife if she saw her, and my wife was puzzled. I decided, against my better judgement, to leave it at that and not press further.
I would sometimes go back to that part of the beach,and I would keep seeing her. Sometimes, it would be her on the cliff staring out into the water, or sometimes her face, her sad blue eyes staring blankly ahead. These were all brief flashes in my eyes. It was as if I was no longer in my car on the highway, just somewhere near her feeling her sadness . I haven't been back there for over a year now, but I'm positive that if I go back, I'd see her again.
I still wonder who this ghost is, and why I only see her standing in the same position or staring with the same expression. Is she a ghost who's stuck in some sort of time loop, or is she trying to just get my attention?

Last edited:
Halloween Story (truth or trash) 7Christie

These are the events as I recall from my childhood. When I was nine years old I had an experience that would later shape my interest in time travel and paranormal. My experience would also shape my future. I woke up three nights in a row from dreams that I did not understand. I stubbled into the living room and snuggled up to my Mom. I didn't understand my dreams; perhaps my Mom would.

What I saw in my dreams night after night was an old house in my neighborhood and a beckoning to go into the house. The problem was, no such house existed in my neighborhood. I was a pretty good explorer and curious about most things. I never remember seeing the house in my dreams that seemed so real.

All that changed a couple of days later when a flatbed truck rolled down my street and turned towards the vacant lot. I had been wondering why they had a built a cement structure on that old vacant lot. That was the foundation for this new, but VERY old three story house. Chills grew from my head to my toes as I recognized the creepy old house from my dreams. A few hours later the truck was on its way, leaving the old house behind. Dare I tell anyone that I foresaw this house. Dare I tell my Mom that this was the house in my dreams ?

I kept the secret to myself and tried to forget the events of the last few days. Two nights later, my dream re-occured. I quickly sat up in bed and shouted "go away !" Luckily no one heard me and I went back to sleep.

The next day all I could think about was the house. "What WAS it about that house that made it so special and why did my dream encourage me to go inside ?" About five o'clock that winter day as it was getting dark, I decided to investigate. To my surprise no one was living in the house, no car in the driveway, no footprints in the snow around the house. I guess the family was still moving from their other house. I wondered up the steps, peeked into the windows. saw no one, saw no furniture, tried the front door knob, AND IT OPENED.

Normally, being shy, I would never haved entered an old, creepy looking house, especially a STRANGERS and especially without my best friend Chuck! Something compelled me to enter. I walked across the main room's creaking boards towards a wooden mantle. Even though the room was bare of all living necessities, a picture lay atop the mantle. It was of an older lady, perhaps 20. There was something about her eyes that made me stare and stare; as if she would speak to me.

I must have stared at that picture for ten minutes, then, I heard a voice "you will meet this girl in the future." Before I realized what I was doing, I quickly turned and replied, "What girl, "all I see is an older lady." Then I snapped to attention as I realized no one else was in the room. "Yikes", I yelled and ran out of the house, trying not to pee my pants.

My nightly dreams stopped and I tried to forget all about the past few days. I never went by that old house and never met anyone who lived there.

Fast forward ten years later. College student, studying Engineering. My dorm roommate has a matchmaker girlfriend. She keeps talking about this friend of hers who would be perfect for me. Two school quarters go by, she is still talking about her. Finally I agree to go on a double date with them. That night, Lesa turns to me and says "Michael I would like you to meet Debbie." Debbie turns around and another set of chills runs down my arms and legs. I must have turned white as a ghost. Debbie was the "older lady" on the creepy old house mantle and Debbie was the girl that I would later marry. I never told my future wife this story until three months after we met. I didn't want her think that I was some kind of weirdo, well at least not from my creepy old house story.

This is a tale that originated in Ireland, and was told to me and my brother by my grandfather, as we sat cross legged at his knee by the fireplace in his home in Greenock Scotland, on the south bank of the Clyde River.My great grandfather was a publican in County Armagh, and related this story to his son.

."There were two good friends, regulars at his tavern for over thirty years, named Daniel and Seamus. They say that birds of a feather flock together and what brought these two close was the unfortunate fact that they both had deformities, borne since childhood. Daniel was a hunchback, and Seamus had a malformed leg that caused him to limp badly. Both used canes, and both would hold themselves up at the bar every night save Sunday the Lord's day. It happened that a cemetery stood between the tavern and the streets that both men lived on, and each night after imbibing the usual great quaffs of whiskey and ale the two would take the long route around the graveyard, both being too scared to transit through in the dark. This was the scenario for 6 of 7 nights a week for over 30 years...until one All Hallow's Eve when Daniel was possessed of a courage that none, not even Daniel himself, could account for.

Twas on this night that Daniel chose to brave the walk through the place of the dead. Seamus would have no part of it, and strenuously argued against Daniels' decision. But Daniels mind was made up, and he slowly made his way across the darkened, deserted street to the cemetery gates.With a slow push the old wrought iron gates gave way with a creaking groan which caused the watching Seamus to exclaim in his fright..."Saints preserve us"! Onward into the night went the determined Daniel, conquering his fear and looking alertly to his left then to his right. A slight motion behind a shed sized monument caused his heart to jump into his mouth, and he stood rooted in terror as a ghoul jumped from behind it.

"What is that you have on your back "? demanded the ghoul.. "It's...it's a hump stuttered Daniel in his fright. "Here, give me that" cried the ghoul as he charged at Daniel. Daniel closed his eyes in terror and opened them just in time to see the ghoul stealing away with something in his arms. Feeling different, Daniel stood fully erect and beheld that not only was he not bent over, a quick hand inspection of his back revealed that his hump was gone. The ghoul had taken his hump! In great joy and relief he exited the graveyard and headed home to his missus who was also overcome with joy.

The next evening Seamus was waiting for him in the pub, eager to hear what had happened. The first thing he noticed was that Daniel did not have his cane and was walking straight up. "Daniel! he shouted when he reached the bar, your hump is gone! Tell us all that happened!" Whiskey and beer were duly ordered and Daniel recounted the tale of the ghoul and it's relieving him of his hump. When he had finished, all was quiet, and Seamus's eyes were fixed on his friend, shining with hope and anticipation..."Do you think, old friend, that if I were to walk through there tonight that this same ghoul would steal away my bad leg, and then I too could be rid of this cane and walk like a proper man?" Daniel looked as hopeful as his mate and said.."It's at least worth a try Seamus, I for one can see no reason why the ghoul would not fix you up, as he has me!" There were murmurs of approval and a show of nodding heads in the tavern, and it was decided that Seamus would indeed make the evening walk through the graveyard. After his courage was reinforced with several more whiskies and ales, off he went to seek his Lourdes in the city of no return.

It seemed that the gates moaned more in complaint this night than they had yestereve, but Seamus took heart with the promise of a normal leg and pushed on. Warily looking to his left and right, he was frozen in place by the ghoul jumping out from behind a monument. "You, cried the ghoul, what's that on your back"? Confused by the question and with a mouth dry from fear, Seamus croaked.."Why, nothing, there's nothing on my back!" "Well then, here's a hump for you!" laughed the ghoul as he placed Daniel's hump on his back.

Last edited by a moderator:
My grandmother was in a nursing home in a near comatose state. I knew her days were numbered. I was moving out of state and so went to see her one last time. I talked with her and held her hand. Told her not to be afraid to let go. It would be like walking into another room. She squeezed my hand as if to say she understood. I told her when her time came I knew she would find a special way to let me know. That was on September 14, 1995. I commenced upon my journey to Phoenix AZ. On the 17th (my birthday) I received a call from my Mom that Grandma had passed. I was all alone and feeling sad so I took out my electronic phone directory to scroll through and find a friend to call. I said out loud, "Oh Grandma I love you". As I was scrolling and reached the "L"s I found a message waiting for me. "LLLLLLLLLLLLOVU2222222"". She had a several strokes which left her with a speech deficit. She had a hard time saying anything that started with an L. So if she said the word Lift it would come out as LLLLLLLift. No doubt it was her. Brought a sense of peace in knowing that beyond the shadow of death she remembered to send me a special message.

ok so in my old hometown in Oroville Washington the high school is haunted by the ghost of an old teacher named Effie colton the story is that they were tearing down the old high school in 1993-94 so they could build a new one in the same place and several of the workers on nightshifts would have strange experiences see lights flickering on and off in the school without any of them messing with the lighting hearing noises ect well one worker during his shift saw her ghost walk across the gym floor while he was working it freaked him out so bad he initially quit and went back to Idaho and they only got him to come back with the promise that he didn't have to work anymore night shifts

“If I die before Bahstun wins da world series, im gon’ have some choice words fah Saint Peter,” says my dear friend, S_______ , while staring at the TV.

“What cha gon’ say man?” I ask. While we both watch the sportscasters review of the upcoming 2003 American League Championship Series between the Boston Red Sox and the Yankees for the American League Pennant—again.

“I’m gon’ tell em, hey—I’m not passin’ trough yah pearly gates, ‘till I help da Sox beat da Yanks—and win da World Series—and ya can go tell God I said so.” he says, without laughing. He shakes his head from side to side, with disgust as the sports announcer picks the Yanks over the Sox—again.

“So, ya gon’ turn down Heaven….. and be like—an Angel in the outfield, bruh?”

“Fuggin A, man,” “Nah, nah, man— I wouldn’t turn down heaven, ya g_ _ _ _ _m New Yorker—just delay it, to help ‘em win it all.”

He stands up and begins impersonating the acts of a angelic ballplayer hitting, pitching, and catching balls, while saying:

“I’d fly around da infield—da outfield—helpin’ ‘em catch balls, puttin’ da bat in the right spot, pitchin’ in da right zone—anything to beat da Yanks, and get m’Sox into the Series for da title.” He takes a gulp of Pepsi—looks my way and lets out a long belches towards my face, as I wave my hand trying to block the aftermath—with no success.

“Ahight, bruh—but—choo—you—ain’t—goin’—no—where—no—time—soon—so—cut—it—out—‘K?” I turn away from the tv, and look at him. “Anyway, this may be the year you beat us.” I burst out in a fake loud laugh.

“Phew, Bahstun,…..dey jus’ break my fuggin hahrt against your dam Yanks, man.”

“Hey, they ain’t my Yanks—I’m a Met fan who roots for the Yanks, don’t get it twisted.”

Silence fills the room. Boston and New York fans are THE rivalry in all sports—bar none. It doesn’t matter the sport—that Met fan, is probably a Knick fan—that Celtic fan is probably a Red Sox fan. And let’s not even go into the world of Hockey—bloodshed between the two fan based cities. But here, in this room—two men are best of friends, even if they both despise the other’s team.

I turn off the tube, and walk him to the door. We give each the bro hug, as he gets into his car.

“I love ya like family, but I hate…absolutely hate da Yanks, bro.”

“Hey, I love ya too—even more than I love Bill Buckner, bruh.”

He drives off in his car, with his right hand up in the air, giving me the middle finger salute, under the Arizona sunset.

After the New York Yankees beat the Boston Red Sox, in another unlikely manner—again in the 2003 American League Championship, I didn’t call him to rub it in, because I knew he was hurting. To this day—I think he respected that.

As life happens, we play phone tag with one another, with him talking mostly about being excited about getting married to M_____ next year. But as 2003 turned into 2004, the old adage that says, “Man makes plans—and God Laughs,” becomes a reality for me. Then and even now, I don’t understand God’s sense of humor.

The faint knock came to my door, and I was surprised to see M_____ without S__________.

“K_______,” she says. “S______.” S______ passed away last night. He came home late last night, and fell asleep without taking his insulin shot—and never woke up.” I see tracks of tears on her face, and smudged mascara outlying her eyes, her voice is rocky, as she begins to talk about our loss.

“Oh no,” I reply. “ah’m so sorry, I dunno what ta say. Do you need anything?” I whisper in her ear, holding her close, while our cacophonic weeps synchronize.

“Nah, ah’m okay, fam’ly iz flyin’ in from Bahstun to help wit’ everything.” “I’ll call ya.” She turns and walks away. And call me she would, during that historical month in baseball when legends are born.

It was October, and once again the Yankees and Red Sox were in the series for the pennant. Well, my dear Midnight Readers, let me just let Wikipedia, explain what happened in that mythical, magical, mysterious month:

“The Boston Red Sox2004 season was the 103rd Major League Baseball season for the Boston Red Sox franchise. Managed under Terry Francona, the team finished with a 98–64 record (three games behind the New York Yankees in the American League East Division). The Red Sox played in Fenway Park to a local attendance of 2,837,294 fans. They clinched the AL wild card to assure a berth in the 2004 post-season. They swept the Anaheim Angels in the first round to enter the ALCS against the Yankees for the second straight year. As Boston entered the fourth game of the ALCS, they had fallen three games behind the Yankees, including a Game Three loss by the score of 19-8.Trailing 4-3 in the 9th inning of Game 4, they embarked upon an unprecedented (in Major League Baseball) comeback from a three-game deficit to defeat the New York Yankees in the series. After the ALCS, the Red Sox swept the Cardinals to win their first World Series since 1918 (86 years).[1]

Now what the above narrative doesn’t explain is how they lost—the way the Red Sox were able to score against the Yankees ace reliever, or how they made fantastic catches and timely hits—apparently out of nowhere. In a word—it was meta-mystical. Then they went on to sweep, dominate, eviscerate the St. Louis Cards—well—again—an almost impossible task against that St. Louis franchise. All I could think about while watching both series was it had to be Shamus in the outfield. But, follow me, dear reader for the final aspect of this paranormal tale, this hallows eve.

Shortly, after they Red Sox won the World Series, M_____ calls and invites me over for dinner. I think she is going to hand it to me, about her team finally beating the Yanks and of course the series sweep of the Cardinals. I walk into the abode, where my dear friend once lived, that now only has photos of he and M____ adorn the walls.

“Congratulations, on shocking the Yanks, but especially for winning da World Series, M_______.”

“Thank-ya, thank-ya.” She replys. “It’s so good for da City, man.

We catch up on things. She talks about the funeral, and wanting to relocate back to Boston. I talk about going to college while in my forties, while raising two teenage boys on my own. Then we sit down to eat.

“M____,” S____ once told me that if he died before—.” “She cuts me off in midsentence.

“—Before the Sox beat da Yanks and win da world series, he waz gon’ walk away from St. Peter, and help ‘em win it all?” She says.

“So, he did tell you!” I say, talking through a mouthful of spaghetti and meat balls.

“Yeah—.“ She replies while finishing chewing her food before speaking again. “More times than enough.” She says. Looking at a photograph of him and her mounted on the living room coffee table, next to a flaming white candle, that begins to flicker.

“K_______, he was out there—I know it.” “I mean—for da Sox to come back from 0-3, to beat da damn Yanks. Then to sweep the Cards…Whoooo, oooooo, man—Ya know? She says, with her eyes bulging towards her glasses, and her head shaking in disbelief of what her team did.

“He told me over and over and over again, the same promise about helpin’ da Sox beat’ da damn Yankess, and win’ da World Series, if he waz to pass on early.” She says. “God, I hated when he talked like dat.” She says. “But, well, what the f_ _ k, maybe he knew—ya know what I mean, K___?” She says, taking a sip of soda. “Maybe he knew….” She then looks again at the photo of them on the coffee table next to the white candle. She smiles.

“Yup, maybe he did.” I say. I then watch the candle wick-of-flame flick and dance more rapidly in the apartment, despite no apparent breeze in the room.

“I mean—I..I..I talk to him all da time. So he’s happy now that they won, and that he was let in the pearly gates” She says. “You think I’m crazy, huh?” She says, looking at me over her glasses. She stops eating. She puts her fork down. Interlocks both fingers from her hands into one fist, and leans her chin on her interlocked hands to await my response.

“Whut, me—thinkin’ your crazy— Pheww,” you forget, “I’m a Pisces, with a moon in Scorpio—I’m all about the mystical,” I say, as I take a peek at the dancing wick of the candle move with greater animation.

We laugh, and continue eating and talking about if anyone would ever believe, that it was our S_____ who helped the Sox shock the Yankees and go on to win the World Series in 2004.

bosnyy.jpg

red sox ws champs.jpg

Last edited:
Last call for ghost stories! If you have one, please add!