Trolls and Bullies on Internet Forums

I know that some Trolls enjoy trolling and bulling other people on-line because their real world life just sucks and try to bring people down so they could feel better. I have encounter some on two other sites.

• Sad
Reactions: garnetsilver
To me a troll is someone who is a jerk because he can be.
that right there..... back in the 90's in the early days of forums, especially when they were e-mail based type forums such as usenet and a few other early ones. even some game sites were e-mail or isp based. any ways there were actually "troll" groups, mainly hacker and tech types who would run contests on who could destroy or cause more problems in other groups across usenet.... once private groups sprung up on different platforms with moderators it kinda tamed the majority of that type activity down to what it is today, just jerks and bullies.

that right there..... back in the 90's in the early days of forums, especially when they were e-mail based type forums such as usenet and a few other early ones. even some game sites were e-mail or isp based. any ways there were actually "troll" groups, mainly hacker and tech types who would run contests on who could destroy or cause more problems in other groups across usenet.... once private groups sprung up on different platforms with moderators it kinda tamed the majority of that type activity down to what it is today, just jerks and bullies.
I still visit a few newsgroups. They remain the wild west.
That's also where the old (fake) Art Bell Philippine hate letters/posts showed up.
It was released on the original AB forum on usenet.

I also used to grab a ton of video games and movies on usenet.
Yes, once upon a time I was a pirate!

Duke and I are in another forum that is un-moded and it is the Wild West. You just have to keep your identity secret and stay out of the fray when it occurs.