Triangles and Time Travelers

The time traveler theory is definitely interesting and thought provoking. The possible interdimensional aspect of travel that accompany these ships makes me consider it no matter how unlikely it is.

Reactions: Debi
The time traveler theory is definitely interesting and thought provoking. The possible interdimensional aspect of travel that accompany these ships makes me consider it no matter how unlikely it is.
I'm with you on that as leaving the door open to the possibilities. The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know these days.

Reactions: Lynne
Cannock Chase strikes again! I wish I had known about it when I was going over there regularly. I went to an aerospace company and RAF base in/near Wolverhampton, only about twenty miles away if I'm reading the map correctly.

Reactions: Lynne
It is not too difficult the presume that time travel may be possible in the future. Although to be honest, I think it will take some 'alien' knowledge/technology to get us there.

In the bigger picture of all things scientific, it is believed, under the Superstring Theory, that there are 10 dimensions in our Universe. The first three we are pretty comfortable with these days - 'flat', 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional - or x, y and z. The fourth is believed, by scientists, to be 'time', although yet we do not possess the knowledge on how to prove this.

The fifth and sixth dimensions are where the notion of possible worlds arises. If we could see through to the fifth dimension, we would see a world slightly different from our own that would give us a means of measuring the similarity, and differences, between our world and other possible ones.

In the sixth, we would see a plane of possible worlds, where we could compare, and position, all the possible universes that start with the same initial conditions as this one (i.e. the Big Bang). In theory, if one could master the fifth and sixth dimensions, one could travel back in time or go to different futures.

As we develop our scientific understanding, it will not be long before we definitively prove the fourth as 'time', then start looking into the fifth and sixth. As stated, once we get a grasp of these dimensions, anything (from a time travel perspective) is plausible.

I saw a triangular UFO in the late 80s-early 90s at the northern edge of LA, just a hop from Edwards AFB and that famous place in Nevada.

I don't doubt that time can be "bent" along with space for purposes of covering vast distances but I am skeptical of the idea of traveling through time as in "The Time Machine" etc. At least not for any significant span of time. If that were true the entire universe would be a chaotic mess of time travelers mucking everything up for various nefarious purposes. The entire universe would become unliveable in short order and that would be that.

Unless you believe the "you can't change the past or future" idea but I see no reason that would be true. If you see a time machine flying by then it has made a change just by your seeing it.

I saw a triangular UFO in the late 80s-early 90s at the northern edge of LA, just a hop from Edwards AFB and that famous place in Nevada.

I don't doubt that time can be "bent" along with space for purposes of covering vast distances but I am skeptical of the idea of traveling through time as in "The Time Machine" etc. At least not for any significant span of time. If that were true the entire universe would be a chaotic mess of time travelers mucking everything up for various nefarious purposes. The entire universe would become unliveable in short order and that would be that.

Unless you believe the "you can't change the past or future" idea but I see no reason that would be true. If you see a time machine flying by then it has made a change just by your seeing it.
I remember a caller espousing these same points/questions to a time travel "expert" on C2C. His explanation dealt with parallel universes.

What I saw could be called triangular in the sense that, say the space shuttle is roughly triangular. It was huge, flying low and slow, and had a rough sort of rounded triangle shape I guess. If it had been further away it would probably have seemed more triangular.

As far as the time travel question I believe that any travel at the distances that interstellar travel involves will also involve time travel. To go even to the nearer stars even at the speed of light involves years or decades of travel. That isn't realistic or very worthwhile. You may not be able to exceed the speed of light in regular space but you may be able to fudge on the time aspect of the travel. That would make the travel more useful.