Tree up yet?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Are you one of those people who needs the tree up for Thanksgiving? Are you an early bird and have it up already? When do you put that tree up? Artificial or do you go for the real ones?
Oh, remember those aluminum trees of the 60's? They seem to be coming back! Anyone have one of those?
Tell me your tree stories!

AND, as the trees go up, feel free to share them with us here.

0f174db47717eb18bc374d38d014b0e0.jpg

We have a medium sized artificial tree. I assemble (kind of a pain) and run lights and the girls decorate. We have some store bought and many more home made ornaments which generate a discussion each year. Its funny how picking up a family made ornament brings back memories. The date that we put the tree up varies greatly from year to year, but definitely NOT thanksgiving weekend.

After becoming single two years ago, I gave away two Xmas trees and all the decor and never looked back.

After becoming single two years ago, I gave away two Xmas trees and all the decor and never looked back.
Well, I did that once (got rid of the tree and stuff), and this year I suddenly have a 15 yr. old foster child (relative) that is all into Christmas. I was perfectly content with my little Charlie Brown Christmas tree, but THAT'S not gonna fly this year......sigh. Decorating under protest but the child deserves his Christmas.

I'm with Christie on this one. Yup, the assemblyman! And every other ornament has a story. My tree is a small 4' 'artsy' thing, as I'm in close quarters until I remodel the rest of my home. Outside is another story. Full, unabashed tacky.:) Ah, wrong pic uploaded.

Reactions: Grinchesbro