Treading The Boards...

I don't recall ever being in a play or any type of theatrical performance.

Reactions: Paintman
The genes for performing went from my mother, passed me, and went to my daughter. My mother wrote several songs and composed the music as well. My daughter performed and several plays and also wrote lyrics and music to several songs of her own. I appreciate a good performance, though!

Well this looks like a talented Bunch with a couple of exclusions.
Me ?
Nada.
I sing like Bob Dylan in a tuneless nasal wheeze.
Dance like Herman Munster.
Act stiffer than Dorn , the third baseman from Major League.

Starting about age 8, I got a magic act together and performed at social functions, parties and such.

In middle school, I wrote and performed in a comedy sketch which was a spoof on "The Untouchables" TV show popular at that time. It was called "The Unmentionables." The show toured local schools in our district.

I also worked in theater in high school and college and beyond. Mostly behind the scenes as Stage Manager. Then I switched to music and formed a rock band which worked around the Bay Area for about 6 years.

Later, after moving to LA, I was the technical director of a small theater company in Hollywood. From that I was offered my first job in film production as an assistant art director on a super-low-budget feature film. After that I did a variety of film production work and, in my old age, switched to working as a film/TV extra and also a wee bit of acting.

Not exactly a play, but as a five year old I was a shepherd in an outdoor Nativity scene.

In 7th grade, I played the Joe Friday character in a junior high talent show production of Stan Freberg's "Little Blue Riding Hood."

This was great !

Well this looks like a talented Bunch with a couple of exclusions.
Me ?
Nada.
I sing like Bob Dylan in a tuneless nasal wheeze.
Dance like Herman Munster.
Act stiffer than Dorn , the third baseman from Major League.
I loved this movie.

I was in our local community theatre. We did many plays. I can’t remember them all now. My fav part was being Glenda the good witch in the wizard of Oz. I got a great dress a crown and a wand. Can’t beat that. I danced from a very young age into adulthood and did many talent events. I also was a magicians assistant briefly. This was all set aside when adulting became serious with jobs and college.

Infant school nativity plays: Wise man bearing myrrh, then Joseph

Primary school (7-11)
Stan Laurel
A calling bird (telling jokes) and 'the magical mynah bird in a pear tree' (the role went through some evolution! It was supposed to be a girl doing impressions, but she was ill, so I did a magic act, though it ended up being more comedy. :) )
A gun crazy security guard who mows down half the cast in 'Cinderella II: The Revenge (written by a girl in my class)

Secondary school - I didn't get to do much, as all the big productions were musicals and I couldn't sing or dance. I complained, but to no avail. Oh well.
God, saying 'Let there be light' in my biggest voice in church
a comedy sketch some of us wrote
the doctor in 'Oliver'
and I passed GCSE drama

As an adult, two amateur comedy plays in the function room of a pub:
The Three Musketeers - Pop Idol auditionee 1
Pop Idol auditionee 2
Parker from Thunderbirds (as a puppet butler) My girlfriend hand made the uniform!
A Sign Post
Peasant 'Girl'
Dartanian's boxing trainer

Aladdin - Henchman 2 (though I got the same stage time as I had before and got a Scooby Doo chase scene, with me chasing Aladdin in and out of different exits and through the audience to Queen and interacting with the crowd. And I got to wear big MC Hammer trousers.

There was going to be a version of A Christmas Carol starring me as a deadpan snarky Scrooge, but tragically, the group broke up early in rehearsals, so it never happened. The writer director of Aladdin and Scrooge took me on as usher in his new auction business and we put on a routine, bantering back and forth there selling stuff for a while instead.

Then I got ill, which killed the stage stuff. It was fun while it lasted. :)

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne