Traditions

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
MOST PEOPLE HAVE THOSE ONE OR TWO TRADITIONS THAT JUST "MAKE" THEIR CHRISTMAS OR HOLIDAYS. MANY OF US SAY, "WELL, IT JUST WOULDN'T BE THE HOLIDAYS IF (FILL IN THE BLANK) DIDN'T HAPPEN!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR HOLIDAY TRADITIONS? WHAT MAKES IT THE "HOLIDAYS" FOR YOU?

425979_1059020624124031_2392500147291276567_n (Small).png

Reactions: garnetsilver
Lingonberries on Christmas turkey, and other little nods to Sweden.
Decorating the Christmas tree!:)
Removing the cat from the Christmas tree!:)

It's good to have Hank Aaron as my roommate this Christmas. The tradition will continue......

Besides the Christmas Tree in all red lights, and the outside house lights also all in red, we MUST watch It's A Wonderful Life before Christmas. And I always watch A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sims as Scrooge every Christmas Eve. And I always remind my wife to leave milk and cookies for Santa!

Our traditions here are more food based. It's not Chrstmas for my kids unless the little sausages wrapped in bacon with the brown sugar topping are served during A Christmas Story while I remind them of how they all got BB guns when young.

My adult son who has mild autism has a favorite Xmas ornament from childhood he has to hold at least once on Christmas Eve. I keep it in my display case here year round and we take it out at Christmas. Then it's Xmas for him.

Our traditions here are more food based. It's not Chrstmas for my kids unless the little sausages wrapped in bacon with the brown sugar topping are served during A Christmas Story while I remind them of how they all got BB guns when young.

My adult son who has mild autism has a favorite Xmas ornament from childhood he has to hold at least once on Christmas Eve. I keep it in my display case here year round and we take it out at Christmas. Then it's Xmas for him.
My son has aspergers. I have a touch too. We like our traditions.

What makes it Christmas for me is hearing What Child is This. It is also Greensleaves. It combines my two worlds and was also the first song I learned to chord on my new Christmas guitar when I was 14.

My son has aspergers. I have a touch too. We like our traditions.
Blessings....our children are huge blessings, are they not? :<3

Well our individual specialness provides opportunities for unique traditions. I love that your son has a favorite ornament.

Reactions: Lynne